COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are due to see a sharp rise after this hot weather and the VE celebrations. Neighbours here were sitting in their own spaces but as the drink flowed lots of crossovers happened, adults and kids. Today I see the family who kept their son in, who's about five, have now allowed him out to play with the two kids who have been out everyday since the lockdown. If this behaviour was repeated around the country I see cases rising again by a fair bit.
I think this is spot on and saw exactly this all over around where I live. Most people started with good intentions and socially distancing. As the booze flowed though it was quickly forgotten. Think people used yesterday as a real release, including the kids as they’ve been cooped up for 7 weeks now. Let’s just hope we don’t see the consequences in 2/3 weeks time.

Worst part is we are neither locking down in a way that will actually end the problem, nor keeping business going. We are half arsing it and ending up failing on both counts, meaning it will continue for a lot longer

It looks like they’ve evolved into a hedged position to me and have probably back tracked on what they wanted to do initially which was probably a lot closer to the Swedish model. Media were always going to dictate policy and stick their graphs of U.K. vs other countries up and now the same outlets are trying to pressure them on a 180. Not an easy call for any government to make as the dynamics in each country do vary but the optics have not looked good for this administration.

Been a few days, but they are predicing herd immunity for Stockholm by mid June with 40% having been infected. Thats in a population of 2.3M. At the moment 9500 have been hospitalized. It will be interesting to see what that number is in mid June because it might give an indication of the size of a second peak in other countries as they come out of lockdown.

More importantly they are getting the situation in care homes under control. That's been the difference between Stockholm and the rest of Sweden. Even though they locked down the care homes early, it still got in.

Nationally deaths down to about 40% of the peak, now. Less than 500 people in ICU, the first time in over a month.
Thanks. I’ve noticed that your death rate is coming down without any additional steps being taken. To me this can mean only one thing, you are starting to develop significant immunity. Be interesting to see the stats when antibody testing gets done.

Questions

Person in the north,should he follow scotland or England advice? Both areas are much the same

Kids and social distancing ,schools? Still talking to all relevant parties,kids can't do it so next steps wil be very cautious

Media

Closing airports ? now we have more control here we are able to look at it,small numbers are travelling in than normal

Incubation is 1-14 days,mean is 5 days,quarantine is being looked at seriously

More from boris tomorrow

Airline industry are really worried about the future? Gov has made money and furlough available

Foreign travel this summer ? Advice against all travel abroad at the moment

Cycling,most people won't be able to do it ? Cars will be a big part still but most journeys are short and encourage people to try it

Public transport arrangements ? Social distancing still applies,much less capacity will be available

Why haven't care homes been more protected ? Very sorry for the deaths that have happened,R is 2.5-3 in care homes,very infectious virus that is killing that group and many have high risk from age and underlying heath problems,enormous effort to solve this but difficult environment

People being shielded being left when their volunteers go back to work ? This policy is being kept under review,nothing will be done to sacrifice this group

Dropping stay at home message tomorrow ? Lots of people are going out this weekend?
Vital people stay at home this weekend,advice remains the same

Track and trace,numbers have to be down in the hundreds to work properly ? This is part of the solution not the answer

Trials of the app is going well

Protecting the black and ethnic key workers ? Trying to find out why this is happening,results of investigation will be end of may into why they are so badly affected and higher death rates in that group

Going forward social distancing ,washing hands etc will still apply

Boris announcements on everything tomorrow

I think this is spot on and saw exactly this all over around where I live. Most people started with good intentions and socially distancing. As the booze flowed though it was quickly forgotten. Think people used yesterday as a real release, including the kids as they’ve been cooped up for 7 weeks now. Let’s just hope we don’t see the consequences in 2/3 weeks time.

Yes not unexpected really. People are probably feeling a lot of pent up anxiety. The good weather, VE day and booze plus lots of people out in front of their houses instead of in the back gardens all combined to loosen inhibitions and caution.

Hackney police overwhelmed in the parks today.

All because of those newspaper headlines 2 day ago in my opinion, they should have been addressed to prevent shit like this.

We're going to be dealing with this a lot longer than we should have to.

I wish boris would engage his brain before speaking,there be a big spike in three weeks time imo

Yes not unexpected really. People are probably feeling a lot of pent up anxiety. The good weather, VE day and booze plus lots of people out in front of their houses instead of in the back gardens all combined to loosen inhibitions and caution.
Yes defo, I know we were guilty of this yesterday. Sat with neighbors on the street and drank, laughed, talked, got drunk together. Kids played as well with others. Me and the wife woke up this morning and both said we shouldn’t of let that happen, but got caught up in the moment. Back to isolation today and the back garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.