Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Ideally I am sure that football clubs would like to say to their players,the game is off whilst we have an infection but football is locked into the capitalist world and has been so for decades. The broadcasting deal is a major part of the UK football's revenue as is match-day income. These revenue streams are under threat. If you want football to surrender its revenues then they will cut expenses and where does that end?

The show must go on..!

Reminded me of the final scene in Blackadder when they all went over the top with their wooden battens, charging the German machine gun nests..!!

Wooden battens = players
German machine gun nests = Covid19

Not to worry though, it all worked out well in the end regarding winning the war and I'm sure in the years to come the PL / SKY / BT / Media will look back on their, football must re-start / finish the season, decision making with great pride..!

Dynamo Dresden, who play in the second tier of German football, have put their entire squad and coaching staff into two-week isolation after two players tested positive for coronavirus.

This whole situation is a farce , scrap until next season.
I don't agree with the season re starting but no surprise Dresden did this given they are bottom of bundesliga 2.

Football will be watered down but it's either watered down football or no football. It's like when Jimmy McGill was in the desert carrying around his own urine. In the end he was forced to drink it.
my point exactly

football is about passion,there will be no passion on show behind locked doors, that no passion will transmit to the tv viewers, people will be excited at first then think that was a bit poo, as for the drinking his own urine wouldn't you prefer to wait

Well welcome to the world of business. This is the profit system and all business activity operates in that context.

The UK is targeting a return to a 'new normal', and football, and other sports are part of that. There are many things we will find odd when we return. Buses and trains full when they are 9/10ths empty. Supermarkets and shops with capacity constraints. Motorised scooters!

Welcome to the new normal. You are not expected to embrace it.
We will embrace it when 500 people a day stop dying
Welcome Marvin to the world as it is now

Marvin is clearly out of sync with practically everyone on this thread but he is right to point out that football is a business and it is attempting to do what more or less every business is trying to do....get back to work in a way that this unprecedented situation allows.

This thread seems to have become the go to one for all those who loathe what football has become and who seemingly long for a return to simpler times when it cost hardly anything to get into a match at a dilapidated stadium and you could happily batter fuck out of all & sundry.

Football without fans is shit and I won't be spending any money to view it but I do want the chance to get back in my seat to attend games whenever that is possible. Football without clubs is a far worse outcome.

I still don’t understand how PPG can be classed as fair? When you think about it, it’s an arbitrary system where if 2 teams have averaged the same points over the course of the season but one of them plays and collects maximum points in an extra game then they will win on the PPG system as the team that wasn’t afforded the chance to claim the maximum points can only receive the average points it has earned.

United seem to benefit from a PPG whilst Sheffield United lose out. That has huge consequences for a possible CL spot.

Wouldn’t a fairer system be by deciding positions on the same games played, ie. all points after 28 games?

I do wonder if UEFA have given assurances that 5th position receive a CL spot due to the uncertainty of the completion of the CAS case.
And PPG completely ignores who you played and if home or away.

I can not believe football is still discussing this season. It’s not going to happen.

time should be spent on how next season will work because I don’t see fans at any game next season either.

when’s the cut off point for all of this ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.