Bundesliga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a huge fan of German football. In fact, I am a sports journalist in my spare time. I actually fell in love with football in Germany and particularly in Bavaria after our Champions League game against Bayern in 2011 (honest, it wasn't the fact that it was also Oktoberfest that swung it!!)

However, I quickly came to enjoy the German lower leagues more than the Bundesliga. I would implore people to have a look at the 2. Bundesliga particularly (and even the 3. Liga if they manage to restart it this season). There are a plethora of 'big' teams down there, such as Stuttgart and Hannover, as well as 'cult' clubs (no, not of the Liverpool sort), like St. Pauli and Dresden. There are also a number of really cool stories, such as Heidenheim or Kiel. It is this level of German football that I tend to cover nowadays and I have been lucky enough to write in a few papers and be on the radio about it.

As some of you may be aware, I actually found a team called FC Ingolstadt 04 a few years ago. I ended up following them and have made a number of friends through it all. Although they are dogshit at the moment (they were in the Bundesliga between 2015-2017), it is such a laugh. I even do the English media for them!

Didn't realise Schalke and Dortmund were playing against each other, usually a big derby game that with a huge vociferous crowd.
Hoping Schalke win

I am a huge fan of German football. In fact, I am a sports journalist in my spare time. I actually fell in love with football in Germany and particularly in Bavaria after our Champions League game against Bayern in 2011 (honest, it wasn't the fact that it was also Oktoberfest that swung it!!)

However, I quickly came to enjoy the German lower leagues more than the Bundesliga. I would implore people to have a look at the 2. Bundesliga particularly (and even the 3. Liga if they manage to restart it this season). There are a plethora of 'big' teams down there, such as Stuttgart and Hannover, as well as 'cult' clubs (no, not of the Liverpool sort), like St. Pauli and Dresden. There are also a number of really cool stories, such as Heidenheim or Kiel. It is this level of German football that I tend to cover nowadays and I have been lucky enough to write in a few papers and be on the radio about it.

As some of you may be aware, I actually found a team called FC Ingolstadt 04 a few years ago. I ended up following them and have made a number of friends through it all. Although they are dogshit at the moment (they were in the Bundesliga between 2015-2017), it is such a laugh. I even do the English media for them!
Really interesting.

I’ve been 3 times so far and done a number of the Rhine / Ruhr stadiums. Me and my lad went to watch Uerdingen at Düsseldorf’s ground. I reckon going to Germany for football will be something I do for the rest of my life. I absolutely love it.

Really interesting.

I’ve been 3 times so far and done a number of the Rhine / Ruhr stadiums. Me and my lad went to watch Uerdingen at Düsseldorf’s ground. I reckon going to Germany for football will be something I do for the rest of my life. I absolutely love it.
Which ground have you managed aside from Düsseldorf?

I really wanted to watch Ingolstadt play at Uerdingen (well, in Düsseldorf as you mentioned) this season. I had just flown into Düsseldorf a few days before on my way to work at Speyer Cathedral for a month, but wasn't able to get back up the Rhine.

It was alright in the end, though, as I managed to get to Waldhof Mannheim against 1860 Munich. I also went to Mainz's old stadium to watch their Under 23s versus a team I forget in the Regionalliga Südwest. I did a write up of the former: https://thebundesligauk.wordpress.com/2019/08/07/a-brit-visits-waldhof-mannheim-4-0-1860-munich/.

Beckanbauer in court for corruption , Hoeness a convicted tax dodger and Rumenigge is just a c&nt , imagine competing with three bent tw&ts like that and their built in arrogance , they must be the only football club who can agree five year contract with a player who plays for another club , shithouses.

Beckanbauer in court for corruption , Hoeness a convicted tax dodger and Rumenigge is just a c&nt , imagine competing with three bent tw&ts like that and their built in arrogance , they must be the only football club who can agree five year contract with a player who plays for another club , shithouses.
I do admire Klopp for standing up against them for two seasons with Dortmund.

Munchen 1860 for me.
It’s hard to keep track of what’s going on with them as it’s all in German.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.