Facebook crack down on fake news campaign targeting City

Struck gold!

McGeehan & Panja just happen to be quoted in the Qatar Tribune rubbishing the UAE and the Sunday Times. I guess that explains why The Times got the hacking story.

KUTGW but I need more convincing you have struck gold here.

The Qatar Tribune references Tariq Panja for discrediting UAE for dirty tricks and the Sunday Times based on Panja's article in the NYT which was joint written with James Montague. I get that.

However, you don't need to dig very deep to find both Panja and Montague have also been v critical of Qatar as well as UAE. What am I missing?

As for McGeehan, just fire aware because he is a self-serving hypocritical ****.

The Qatar Tribune references Tariq Panja for discrediting UAE for dirty tricks and the Sunday Times based on Panja's article in the NYT which was joint written with James Montague. I get that.

However, you don't need to dig very deep to find both Panja and Montague have also been v critical of Qatar as well as UAE. What am I missing?

As for McGeehan, just fire aware because he is a self-serving hypocritical ****.
I'm more interested in McGeehan than Panja. He's been the mouthpiece for badmouthing the UAE on human rights for something like 10 years now.

I think the blatantly partisan comment made by Tariq Panja (if it's true) is unethical and will certainly raise eyebrows from his bosses at the New York Times. It is totally wrong for an independent journalist like him to be quoted on what is clearly a propaganda platform for the Qatar rulers. It undermines his credibility and that of the New York Times (which they take very seriously). It does make you question Panja's motivation.
I agree with you about McGeehan. He is not a journalist but a human rights campaigner and lobbyist who seems incapable of being impartial. His previous outbursts on Twitter suggest he has little credibility to lose.

Here's another one. That fat scouse fuck James Corbett. He always pops up supporting McGeehan without fail
10 minutes in he starts talking about his trips (note the plural so he's made quite a few including one this year) to Qatar and how it's all really wonderful now. Then about 20 minutes in he's insulting City fans.

Here's another one. That fat scouse fuck James Corbett. He always pops up supporting McGeehan without fail
10 minutes in he starts talking about his trips (note the plural so he's made quite a few including one this year) to Qatar and how it's all really wonderful now. Then about 20 minutes in he's insulting City fans.

Couldn't listen to that in one go, would have jumped off a bridge.
Strange that he couldn't remember how long he was there for(qatar)
Wonder who was paying to keep him in pies

Saw the link on your twitter to his off the pitch article - now that is some article, a hatchet job on City, our owners, Khaldoon, our fans and even Bluemoon. Yet blows smoke up PSG's arse and their Qatari owners. AS you say, he has to be a schill. I'd go as far to say this is the best example I've seen.

Highly recommend everyone reads the article and form their own opinion:

https://offthepitch.com/index.php/a...w-man-citys-pr-belligerence-brought-them-down

oooh pardon my ignorance I got the information
from the official UAE Government website
as I said UAE NOT Abu Dhabi
He is listed under the “Key Members of Government” of which he a member of the cabinet
Seems to me that his position is more than just titular

https://www.uae-embassy.org/about-uae/about-government/key-members-government
If you look deeply into this, the cabinet's mandate is to carry out the policies of the Supreme Council, which is the effective gov of UAE. (Mansour is not a member of the S.C.)
The cabinet has no formal policy making, political or legislative power. It can, however, make suggestions which go to a federal council, then to the President and then to the Supreme Council, if any of it survives.
The ministers are there to manage their departments and are akin to a civil service. The Emirates constitution is multi layered and complex. The various bodies have to balance tribe, family, individual emirates. Most of all, a concept of seniority and honour prevails. The President makes all the appointments.
I doubt if Mansour has any choice whether he is minister of Presidential affairs or not. The OP's suggestion that his role means he approves of the policies is doubtful. We don't know what he thinks, as he makes no public statements on the matter. As for opposition, he could get a majority of His Excellencies together and stage a palace coup, but don't hold your breath! Opposition to the boss is not tolerated in arab society.
Neither UAE nor AD are democracies and there are policies of which we don't approve, but we must be careful not to give ammunition to those who parrot the state owned myth or worse the filthy oil crap.
I prefer to look at the policies followed by City as a guide to Mansour's view:
The women's team relaunched and supported financially,
The employment policies which meant we became the first football club to be officially dubbed gay friendly employer,
The support for Canal Street Blues,
The huge increase in City in the Community and other social programs,
The response to Covid 19
Etc etc.

Saw the link on your twitter to his off the pitch article - now that is some article, a hatchet job on City, our owners, Khaldoon, our fans and even Bluemoon. Yet blows smoke up PSG's arse and their Qatari owners. AS you say, he has to be a schill. I'd go as far to say this is the best example I've seen.

Highly recommend everyone reads the article and form their own opinion:

https://offthepitch.com/index.php/a...w-man-citys-pr-belligerence-brought-them-down
Our PR belligerence!? If only.

I never knew who James Corbet was. Still dont.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.