Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The authorities can’t guarantee anybody anything. Yes, it’s likely we’ll win two more games to be mathematically certain, but if they go down the neutral venue route, it won’t affect the endgame that much if at all. United were on a roll pre lockdown but will they still have the momentum? Plus I’m not certain if they’ll overhaul Chelsea, 5th is the best they can hope for in my book.
There was never going to be any null and voiding with so many business interests, rightly or wrongly, hanging on the season completion. Every club has their own reasons for wanting to restart.
Every club? I very much doubt that

Every club? I very much doubt that
Do you not think? The top six want the chance of success, the bottom six want to stay in the league & the middle eight want the money. Not to mention the innumerable legal issues that most could do without. The member clubs are far richer than the PL, they’d destroy them in court.
I’d bet good money that your club are more desperate than anyone to finish the CL too. And rightly so, it’s got your name on it as good as.

Last edited:
The authorities can’t guarantee anybody anything. Yes, it’s likely we’ll win two more games to be mathematically certain, but if they go down the neutral venue route, it won’t affect the endgame that much if at all. United were on a roll pre lockdown but will they still have the momentum? Plus I’m not certain if they’ll overhaul Chelsea, 5th is the best they can hope for in my book.
There was never going to be any null and voiding with so many business interests, rightly or wrongly, hanging on the season completion. Every club has their own reasons for wanting to restart.

It will get a vote the premier FA can’t just say we doing PPG scenario they have to do a vote! So 14 teams have to agree to PPG.

Do you not think? The top six want the chance of success, the bottom six want to stay in the league & the middle six want the money. Not to mention the innumerable legal issues that most could do without. The member clubs are far richer than the PL, they’d destroy them in court.
I’d bet good money that your club are more desperate than anyone to finish the CL too. And rightly so, it’s got your name on it as good as.
The only clubs that want to continue are:
The ones that have potential problems with debt repayments, due to their financial structure. eg United
The ones that are desperate to do anything to win the PL or get CL places. Eg Liverpool and United

Everyone else doesn't give a hoot for football and is rightly concentrating on the well being of their staff, their fans, other teams fans, other teams staff, key workers etc. ie everything that is important. A piece of metal with some new chiselled script on it, is not important.

The 19/20 season is over, (IMO) unless it means the 20/21 is also cancelled, whilst we await the resumption at some unknown point.

Regarding City and our heirachys current opinion of the 19/20 CL season, unless Liverpool are still hacking away, you don't know what they are thinking.
Judging by the many examples of support given to the NHS (eg facilities), and the community (eg contacting fans), i think they have the priorities correct. I haven't seen much in the news about Liverpool offering their facilities? Perhaps they've given the council and NHS use of the £50m Stanley Park stadium area? But if they have done anything, then great, if not, then the last moral leg to stand on, has been kicked away.

Do you not think? The top six want the chance of success, the bottom six want to stay in the league & the middle eight want the money. Not to mention the innumerable legal issues that most could do without. The member clubs are far richer than the PL, they’d destroy them in court.

Like Liverpool getting the premier league after what’s happened means nowt so winning the champs league will mean nowt the rules and integrity of how it will end has put pay to that.

The only clubs that want to continue are:
The ones that have potential problems with debt repayments, due to their financial structure. eg United
The ones that are desperate to do anything to win the PL or get CL places. Eg Liverpool and United

Everyone else doesn't give a hoot for football and is rightly concentrating on the well being of their staff, their fans, other teams fans, other teams staff, key workers etc. ie everything that is important. A piece of metal with some new chiselled script on it, is not important.

The 19/20 season is over, (IMO) unless it means the 20/21 is also cancelled, whilst we await the resumption at some unknown point.

Regarding City and our heirachys current opinion of the 19/20 CL season, unless Liverpool are still hacking away, you don't know what they are thinking.
Judging by the many examples of support given to the NHS (eg facilities), and the community (eg contacting fans), i think they have the priorities correct. I haven't seen much in the news about Liverpool offering their facilities? Perhaps they've given the council and NHS use of the £50m Stanley Park stadium area? But if they have done anything, then great, if not, then the last moral leg to stand on, has been kicked away.

So you don’t think your club are desperate to finish the league & especially the CL? Okay, mate, fair enough if that’s your take.

Like Liverpool getting the premier league after what’s happened means nowt so winning the champs league will mean nowt the rules and integrity of how it will end has put pay to that.

I don’t think anybody is thinking of trophies in terms of meaning, it’s just a willingness to complete what needs to be and thus avoiding any number of issues. If the resumption saw your team win the CL, there won’t be many, if any, of your fans will say, ‘Oh this is meaningless now’. Would that have applied if the virus had struck in the Centurions season? Or would there have been a determination to crack on? Football comes a distant second in the grand scheme of things at the moment, but it won’t make our 19 any less sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.