Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
so @Greggery Peccary what have Liverpool done to help out their staff, their fans and local community, and the NHS?

Staff:
Lets furlough them...ooooo noooo bad publicity... beep beep, reverse reverse!
And...Approx 'We need to get the season completed, no matter how'.

Community: ?

NHS: ?

Compare to City:
Staff:
Full pay immediately announced after the govt announced their 80% pay scheme.
Consistent 'No football till it's safe' statements from the start.

Community:
Infrastructure food donated (along with United).
Staff (players (all squads), ex-players etc) contacting vulnerable City fans.

NHS:
Turning over large parts of the infrastructure for their use - Admin, mental recovery etc.
To be fair, Liverpool have been doing a fair bit of community support too, as have most clubs. Shouldn't turn it into a point scoring competition.

But those would then likely trot along afterwards, and infect many many more innocent people.... Would you turn hair for them??

Of course I would! What a silly thing to say!
I’ve waited thirty years to see us win the league again and if that means I can’t celebrate at the ground as I normally would then so be it. Far more important things happening now.

I’ve waited thirty years to see us win the league again and if that means I can’t celebrate at the ground as I normally would then so be it. Far more important things happening now.

But you did say that you don't care if those that gather get infected....

To be fair, Liverpool have been doing a fair bit of community support too, as have most clubs. Shouldn't turn it into a point scoring competition.

Thanks, Ric, I really didn’t want to get into that discussion, this issue isn’t the place for scoring points. Liverpool & Everton, furlough decisions aside, have done really well. I’m not sure that the fan base will ever forget the furlough issue, but with the furlough and the Liverpool copyright issue and all their other shit, we know the true colours of our owners anyway.

To be fair bud we can't even go and have a cup of tea at our relatives houses right now, starting football up should be right down on the list of things to normalise. Your first PL win and our progression in 2 cups should be put on the back burner and resigned to history as the competitions that never were.

But you did say that you don't care if those that gather get infected....

As I’ve said, I’ve lost two people through the virus and people unashamedly breaking the lockdown to celebrate en masse over football deserve everything they get. It’s not rocket science, some things are more important than this.

To be fair bud we can't even go and have a cup of tea at our relatives houses right now, starting football up should be right down on the list of things to normalise. Your first PL win and our progression in 2 cups should be put on the back burner and resigned to history as the competitions that never were.

Again, I totally agree. To my mind, they shouldn’t start until 2021 at least given who governs this country. But money & legal challenges talk; the sheer wealth of the PL and all that comes with it means they don’t give two fucks about anything other than keeping the gravy train flowing. That’s all the clubs in the PL whether we like it or not. That’s why they’ll finish the season eventually. As with our leaders, the game doesn’t care about ordinary folk, only those with vested interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.