Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair tackle. But I think we can agree that it would mean everything to the club & playing staff.
It's a tin pot competition that Liverpool consider the holy grail. Look back in history to see who you, villa and Forest beat to win it. Not exactly a who's who of European royalty. UEFA have treated our club terribly, massive fine for returning a minute late after half time whilst your lot get away with murder. Excuse the phraseology. Oh no don't, its true.

It's a tin pot competition that Liverpool consider the holy grail. Look back in history to see who you, villa and Forest beat to win it. Not exactly a who's who of European royalty. UEFA have treated our club terribly, massive fine for returning a minute late after half time whilst your lot get away with murder. Excuse the phraseology. Oh no don't, its true.

Well, we’ve beaten Real & Milan, the only teams that have more than us, Villa beat Bayern as did Chelsea. Forest beat Hamburg, all either top sides now or then. That’s a measure by anybody’s standards. And any top football club views it as the holy grail, that’s why they all want to be in it. Including your club.
As for your last two sentences or so, I won’t dignify anything like that with an answer for something so obviously looking for a row. Have a nice day.

Well, we’ve beaten Real & Milan, the only teams that have more than us, Villa beat Bayern as did Chelsea. Forest beat Hamburg, all either top sides now or then. That’s a measure by anybody’s standards. And any top football club views it as the holy grail, that’s why they all want to be in it. Including your club.
As for your last two sentences or so, I won’t dignify anything like that with an answer for something so obviously looking for a row. Have a nice day.
I'm not after a row matey but you've missed out a bye in round 1, the mighty teams that are Crusaders, Trabzonspor, Oulun Palloseira, Aberdeen and Dynamo Dresden whilst pointing out the couple of decent teams on your campaigns to European glory

I'm not after a row matey but you've missed out a bye in round 1, the mighty teams that are Crusaders, Trabzonspor, Oulun Palloseira, Aberdeen and Dynamo Dresden whilst pointing out the couple of decent teams on your campaigns to European glory

Oh, okay, no worries.

It has to be looked at in context though. Aberdeen for example were a brilliant team at the start of the 80s. Loads of a good Scotland squad, a manager who went on to become the best domestic manager the British game has seen and they beat Real to win a European trophy. Similar to Hamburg, not what they once were but they had some top drawer players back then. The set up of the competition changing has affected things too with more top teams involved. But teams and cycles change. Look at Inter in the 60s and then compare it to the 80s and 90s. Light years difference.
You can’t win the trophy by beating fodder start to finish, it’s impossible.

Just a friendly reminder this great club furloughed their staff, many of whom would have been living wage to wage the very second they could despite revenues bigger than most in the previous year and only going back on it because of the extreme negative PR they deservedly got for it.

This should never be forgotten.

Just a friendly reminder this great club furloughed their staff, many of whom would have been living wage to wage the very second they could despite revenues bigger than most in the previous year and only going back on it because of the extreme negative PR they deservedly got for it.

I’ve already pointed out here that every single Liverpool fan I know and those online were all appalled. It was just the same as when they tried to copyright the word Liverpool. We know that our owners, whilst commercially astute, are much the same as other owners - self serving ****s who will extract every last drop possible. Our experiences with errant custodians means there’s a clear dichotomy between them & the club. I’ll always support the team but I couldn’t give two fucks about FSG. I’ll be there long after they’ve gone.

Yeh but, no but, yeh it wasn't their fault it was Chelseas.

Oh, okay, no worries.

It has to be looked at in context though. Aberdeen for example were a brilliant team at the start of the 80s. Loads of a good Scotland squad, a manager who went on to become the best domestic manager the British game has seen and they beat Real to win a European trophy. Similar to Hamburg, not what they once were but they had some top drawer players back then. The set up of the competition changing has affected things too with more top teams involved. But teams and cycles change. Look at Inter in the 60s and then compare it to the 80s and 90s. Light years difference.
You can’t win the trophy by beating fodder start to finish, it’s impossible.
Agreed mate but was a knockout competition with a good deal of cannon fodder in those days

Agreed mate but was a knockout competition with a good deal of cannon fodder in those days

To an extent, yes. But those fodder all had to win their respective leagues. And they rarely, if ever, got close to the top table where the big boys played. Nobody can suggest that Linfield for example have ever been a major European force but they were in the EC more than a few times.
There’s the odd dud, but most CL participants these days, whilst not necessarily likely to win it, can beat anybody on their day.

To an extent, yes. But those fodder all had to win their respective leagues. And they rarely, if ever, got close to the top table where the big boys played. Nobody can suggest that Linfield for example have ever been a major European force but they were in the EC more than a few times.
There’s the odd dud, but most CL participants these days, whilst not necessarily likely to win it, can beat anybody on their day.
It is the champions league,only champions should be in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.