@Bembeltown - Eintracht Frankfurt
@Maldeika - Bayern Munich
@alex MCFC - Ingolstadt
@bavarian blue - 1860 Munich
@richardtheref - Armenia Bielefeld
@St.Pauli support - erm
@Schalker - Schalke 04
@Ruhr - Borussia Dortmund

Did I dream it the other day or was there a fan of Armenia Bielefeld on here?[/USER]

I think that is about right. I should add that I am from Moston first and foremost!

We also have @cptaidan88 and @Scaring Europe to Death, who have been to most German grounds from the Oberliga upwards ;)

I actually know both of those guys. They're decent lads.

In wider news, it looks like the 3. Liga may have some difficult restarting their season on the 26th May. The Die Linke governor in Thuringia, home to Carl Zeiss Jena, has already said that there will be no football in the state until the 5th June (I believe). I haven't checked other states, but it is hard to see how the season can re-start if varying federal regions deny football.

I spoke to the press officer at Ingolstadt yesterday, as well. Whilst Bavaria have eased their lockdown somewhat (people are allowed to work in their offices for a few days a week and the players have began properly training), they do not see how it will be possible for a full scale re-start to happen. The 3. Liga clubs simply do not have the resources to complete a national tournament.

We also have @cptaidan88 and @Scaring Europe to Death, who have been to most German grounds from the Oberliga upwards ;)
I was supposed to be going to Germany last weekend to (finally) tick off Bochum, and get to Preussen Münster too, which would have been my 41st and 42nd german grounds. Was looking forward to my curry wurst fix but it will have to wait.

Looking forward to watching the full coverage this weekend - they are showing a Konferenz style show for the 15.30 (14.30 our time) kick offs. A little bit conflicted as to who I want to win the league as I don't like any of the top five! I have fond memories associated with of a lot of the other teams though, and I will be hoping Werder Bremen can escape their current predicament, but hopefully not at the expense of Uwe's Fortuna Düsseldorf.

Paderborn, Mainz, and Augsburg to go down hopefully. Bielefeld, Stuttgart and Hamburg to come up.

Eintracht to win the Pokal, please.

In wider news, it looks like the 3. Liga may have some difficult restarting their season on the 26th May. The Die Linke governor in Thuringia, home to Carl Zeiss Jena, has already said that there will be no football in the state until the 5th June (I believe). I haven't checked other states, but it is hard to see how the season can re-start if varying federal regions deny football.

I spoke to the press officer at Ingolstadt yesterday, as well. Whilst Bavaria have eased their lockdown somewhat (people are allowed to work in their offices for a few days a week and the players have began properly training), they do not see how it will be possible for a full scale re-start to happen. The 3. Liga clubs simply do not have the resources to complete a national tournament.
I don't personally think games should be played without fans, but I accept it could jeopardise the existence of a lot of clubs with no other alternative.

I suspect it is similar to England where the top 2 leagues can't afford not to fulfil the broadcasting contracts, so playing behind closed doors is the only option available to them. As you get lower down, the less viable it becomes to play the games without supporters.

There are far more self serving views in English football, but it seems a little coincidental that CZJ might not be able to complete their fixtures when they are cut off from the rest of the league. On a side note, I think the Charlton fans could have forewarned them of their fate as soon as Roland Duchatelet got involved. That man should not be allowed to be in football in any capacity.

Has there been an announcement on how they plan to work out who is promoted to 3 Liga (if they finish their games and decide the 4 teams to go down)?

I suppose on the plus side it gives Saarbrücken a little more time to complete the renovations on Ludwigsparkstadion, which I think would have been in doubt otherwise.

Shame their fans wont get to see them play in the Pokal semi final though! More than likely a once in a generation event.

Some of the other regionaligas are less clear cut and it could be more difficult to decide.

Very disappointed that BT sport aren’t showing at least one game for free in the UK. Seems like they are taking advantage of a crisis to make money because they know everyone is desperate to watch football. Very poor from them but wouldn’t expect anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.