Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm prob a rarity at least on the bluemoon forum that I would love to see City win the Champions league.
I think it would be great for City and prove a long if people wrong.

I'm prob a rarity at least on the bluemoon forum that I would love to see City win the Champions league.
Not one supporter has said "I don't want to win the Champions League"

Many of us just see it as secondary to the title each season.

Why wouldn't you want to win every competition you're in? It's the idea that the CL is some kind of barometer for success because a bunch of scrotes with "SZN" in there Twatter handles say so.

Not one supporter has said "I don't want to win the Champions League"

Many of us just see it as secondary to the title each season.

Why wouldn't you want to win every competition you're in? It's the idea that the CL is some kind of barometer for success because a bunch of scrotes with "SZN" in there Twatter handles say so.
I’m with you on that, pudge.

I would love to win the CL, but if push comes to shove, I’d take the Premier League first.

Obviously it would be better than a kick in the bollocks, and a cups a cup and all that.

You can call it what you want but a league title is a league title. Even without us winning it for 30 years, only one team has got past our total. So we’re hardly unsuccessful. But regarding the CL, we’ve won it in four of the last five decades so our affinity is bound to be high. Plus it’s given the matchgoers some moments & memories that’ll never be forgotten.

You have to win 3 champions leagues To count as a proper one of those wins came from finishing 2nd 3rd 4th in the league.

Just staying.

The Champions League is the trifle that you could happily leave half of having already scoffed a starter of fois gras de League Cup and a Beef Wellington of the League and maybe thrown in a cheeky side order of FA Cup.

A bauble you can lose several matches in whilst not even being champions and still win it.
At least when the Scousers won it in the 70s they were Champions.

I'd love to win it but only as the fairy at the top of the Christmas tree.

Have I got this right? Any trophy the dippers have won is dead dead dead important and any trophy they haven't won is dead dead dead unimportant. And we should all agree that this is the correct view point.

I don’t know about your collective viewpoint but I can definitely tell you that no Liverpool fan I know thinks any trophy is unimportant. I know everyone of them wants to win the league title, European Cup, FA Cup, League Cup every single year. Our manager is less enthused for the cup comps but anyone with half an eye on the game can see that he doesn’t have a squad big enough to play the way he does on four fronts. Could FSG spend more? Probably. But at the end of the day, he’s had us in a European final every year he’s been here and now on the verge of the league. I love the FA & League Cups, been to Wembley & Cardiff for nearly all of them and I’m sure our next manager might do things differently, but for what we get served up in the league & CL, I’m more than happy for him to put his faith in the kids. And one or two or so have shown the manager they may be ready to start getting a proper squad number. Hard to complain really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.