Newcastle United takeover?

Ok, so should they also take steps to stop the Saudi government from sponsoring the Rags ? If your answer is yes, why haven't they already. In a similar way Aston Villa. My point is, you cannot cherry pick your fights if you want to be seen as impartial and not swayed by the media. I have never defended the Saudis, I just cannot stand the fact that the media led by Premier League clubs can decide what is right.

Oh and the boring post was about the poster himself who seems to think the being rude, arrogant and a bore is the way to discuss a football related issue.

Oh and as a side issue, the Qataris complaining about something that is illegal is laughable. The bribery and corruption that went on to get the country the world cup is a disgrace that has yet to be remedied.
I understand where you're coming from, but there's a lot of "whataboutery" (christ, I hate that word!) going on in those posts.

They are all separate, independent issues, each with varying degrees of merit. But none of them change the fact that an entity directly involved in the piracy of PL content now wants to own, not sponsor, a PL club.

If Newcastle were simply trying to sign a sponsorship deal with STC and everyone was objecting, then you'd absolutely have a point about them not being impartial.

Blocking the Newcastle takeover on the grounds that someone in Saudi Arabia is pirating Bein is the same as blocking Sheikh Mansour's takeover of City on the grounds that, as Deputy PM of the UAE, he's responsible for the war in Yemen.

Or blocking Abramovich as Chelsea owner on the grounds that, as a Putin confidante, he's responsible for the Russian annexation of Crimea. In fact Abramovich isn't even allowed to remain in the UK and is a direct target of the UK Intelligence agencies as a result of Russian sanctions. He can only visit as an Israeli citizen and can't have anything to do with the running of Chelsea.

The PL clubs (along with all the other sporting bodies previously mentioned) are the ones complaining.

Are you saying they watch illegal streams? Or are you suggesting I can’t complain and talk about the illegality of state sponsored intellectual TV piracy because some posters on Bluemoon watch illegal streams?

I am fully aware of who is complaining and how long they have been doing so. I am also aware of Blues on here @KS55 for one who say that the takeover should be stopped until the Saudis agree to clamp down on the stream.
My point is, If you watch an illegal stream you cannot really complain about the person/company/country doing the stream. That is simply being hypocritical. I watch City on a variety of illegal streams so how can I object to 'someone' streaming it for me ?
This would not even be a subject for debate if Saudi had not fallen out with Qatar for very complicated reasons. The Saudis are doing it to piss Qatar off, they are not doing it for monetary gain.
My other point is and again it relates to hypocrisy, as a Government/ruling body, you cannot commit one criminal act related to football, Bribery (the World Cup) but complain when another country commits another criminal act relating to football, (Piracy)

My point is, If you watch an illegal stream you cannot really complain about the person/company/country doing the stream. That is simply being hypocritical.

But the bodies and clubs complaining (because they’re being defrauded don’t watch illegal streams so that’s a moot point.

This would not even be a subject for debate if Saudi had not fallen out with Qatar for very complicated reasons.

It would not be a subject for debate if Saudi Arabia wasn’t illegally pirating sporting events also.

The Saudis are doing it to piss Qatar off, they are not doing it for monetary gain.

The Saudis are indeed doing it to piss Qatar off (and allow their residents to view sport having cut off the Bein network from being shown in the Kingdom).

My point is, If you watch an illegal stream you cannot really complain about the person/company/country doing the stream. That is simply being hypocritical. I watch City on a variety of illegal streams so how can I object to 'someone' streaming it for me ?
It really doesn't matter what any of us on here think about it as it's not us who make the decision. I personally couldn't give a shit if Newcastle get taken over by the Saudis, but I can absolutely understand why the Premier League would object given BeoutQ's rampant piracy.

If the Premier League board members themselves watch pirated PL content and then block the take over of a club based on its prospective new owners facilitating the piracy of PL content, then you'd be bang on in labelling them as hypocrites.

Blocking the Newcastle takeover on the grounds that someone in Saudi Arabia is pirating Bein is the same as blocking Sheikh Mansour's takeover of City on the grounds that, as Deputy PM of the UAE, he's responsible for the war in Yemen.
Another false equivalency. Bein are stating that the Govt in Riyadh are behind BeOutQ and have provided documents alleging proof to the PL. The Saudi Govt. also control the Saudi PIF which would be the owner of Newcastle. Newcastle wouldn’t be owned by a private individual but would actually be owned by the State. Completely different to City and Mansour.

It’s not “someone in Saudi” doing it. Nothing is allowed in Saudi Arabia without the express permission of MBS or you end up in prison.

Last edited:
I personally couldn't give a shit if Newcastle get taken over by the Saudis, but I can absolutely understand why the Premier League would object given BeoutQ's rampant piracy.
I actually hope the takeover does go through. Another team breaking into the ‘top six’ is always welcome. But I’m sure the PL would demand BeOutQ would have to be axed.

Another false equivalency. Bein are stating that the Govt in Riyadh are behind BeOutQ and have provided documents alleging proof to the PL. The Saudi Govt. also control the Saudi PIF which would be the owner of Newcastle. Newcastle wouldn’t be owned by a private individual but would actually be owned by the State. Completely different to City and Mansour.

It’s not “someone in Saudi” doing it. Nothing is allowed in Saudi Arabia without the express permission of MBS or you end up in prison.
When you accept that Hamas is part of the Muslim Brotherhood then I'll start to take you seriously again. Until then, you're just a Qatari shill Sam.

At the end of the day, if the PL is genuinely bothered about this (which they probably will be) the Saudis will pay them off as thought they'd paid for the rights in the first place. Takeover waved through. Job done.

It really doesn't matter what any of us on here think about it as it's not us who make the decision. I personally couldn't give a shit if Newcastle get taken over by the Saudis, but I can absolutely understand why the Premier League would object given BeoutQ's rampant piracy.

If the Premier League board members themselves watch pirated PL content and then block the take over of a club based on its prospective new owners facilitating the piracy of PL content, then you'd be bang on in labelling them as hypocrites.

Just to clarify, In relation to hypocrisy I am talking about Blues who watch illegal streams but say the deal should be blocked because of piracy. I watch streams so how can I attack the takeover because of that issue.
My other point relates to the Premier League being urged to block the deal because of the piracy. My point on that is up to now they have failed to act on anything else related to Saudi dealings in the UK and did not seem interested to act now, even though they have complained about the issue previously. It is my belief that they are being pushed to act by other premier league clubs who have a vested interest in seeing it stopped. They, (the other history clubs) are not interested in the piracy issue. They are happy to take Saudi money in any form and so they are being disingenuous as to their reasons and motives.

When you accept that Hamas is part of the Muslim Brotherhood then I'll start to take you seriously again. Until then, you're just a Qatari shill Sam.
Yeah I’m not surprised you decided to ignore my post there as it took your “point” apart.

Get fucked Colin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.