Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

There is a very positive piece in the Telegraph (I won't link it as you need a subscription) quoting various experts predicting deaths from Covid-19 will have stopped by the end of June at the current rate of decline.

There is a further part of the article saying that after this point deaths generally might go down as there has been an intense period of 'mortality displacement'. This sounds very cold but it means people that were dying anyway have died slightly sooner than they would otherwise.

They also say there has been a significant drop in deaths of young males aged 18-24 as this group is not engaging in the usual risk taking behaviour it would do normally.
Fuck me Andrew Marr will be having a fit trying to blame the Government if he hears that.

Not sure where else to post this.
Just found out from a mate of mine that if your oven cooked pizza lacks a crusty base it might be that you've forgotten to remove the corrugated card from underneath.
Some people.

Where do you live Eds ?
Not Salford but my late father was born there, I have family members still in the area and have spent plenty of time in the area with them, playing football, visiting friends and dated a girl from there back in the late 80’s / early 90’s etc. Are you disputing that the place isn’t full of scrotes?

Not sure where else to post this.
Just found out from a mate of mine that if your oven cooked pizza lacks a crusty base it might be that you've forgotten to remove the corrugated card from underneath.
Some people.
There's a subterfuge medical "complaint" in there, i'm sure of it.

Monkey Tennis?

monkey-tennis.jpg

If I understand this correctly this sounds like the virus has become less dangerous but hangs around longer, think an American study found cases of that too. As if it finds a way of protecting itself by not killing it’s hosts.

“experts in China say the Covid-19 patients they are seeing in the north-east of the country show “different symptoms" and require “longer incubation” than those in the central city of Wuhan at the beginning of the country's outbreak. Qiu Haibo, one of the country’s top critical care doctors in the National Health Commission’s top medical team, spoke on the national CCTV-13 news channel about the fresh observations his team were making. Dr Qiu said his team were seeing new cases in north-eastern Heilongjiang and Jilin provinces had a longer incubation period, and their clinical symptoms were not typical.

They don’t have a fever, he said, but are suffering from either fatigue or a sore throat. Some have no symptoms at all. He added that the new cases appeared to be carrying the virus for much longer.

According to the national Global Times newspaper, “tests on Wuhan patients normally came back negative within a week or at most two weeks” after a patient shows symptoms.

But now, even though the cases are more curable, people appear to be carrying the virus for “longer periods”.

According to the official Xinhua news agency, 25 people are currently receiving treatment in hospital in north-eastern Jilin.

Heilongjiang province discharged its last patient on Saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.