Will City win the league next season?

I think a lot depends upon the outcome of the FFP issue - if we are exonerated then I can see us riding the feelgood wave to an amazing seaon.

If it is upheld then we might be looking at KdB an possibly others leaving. I think it would be such a blow that we would not have a chance at winning the league despite having no chumps games to play.

All up in the air and a complete mess - I am hoping the club's bullishness about the case is justified but are they naive enough to think proof of innocence will be enough?
Yep

Depends who we sign. If we get a top class centre back and a world class attacker like Sancho then we have a good chance.

We also need to stop getting so many injuries to key players.

And we need Sterling to rediscover his best form and Stones to play to his potential.

Oh and VAR to stop fucking us over on almost every tight decision.

Not sure with Covid. We are desperate for a few new players but I don’t see any clubs splashing the cash. Maybe we can justify sane cash if he goes. I see us & Liverpool fighting it out regardless.
Depending on the CAS hearing, we'll see. We'll still have to comply with FFP, but it'd be a big 'fuck you' to UEFA if we had another £200mil summer. I think Alaba and a top CB in with Sane and a few others leaving will mean it'll roughly even out.

The season will be fractured by second and third wave lockdowns and in those circumstances I find it a bit hard to get excited. But all things being equal we have some way to go to add the relentless physicality and chance conversion we will need to catch Liverpool.

Feels like we are going to need new style and tactics. Tippy tappying it around and hoping a lone little striker will eventually convert something while praying our defence learns to deal with long balls isn’t going to cut it. I’m afraid COVID lockdowns will get in the way of this retooling.

But if anyone can come up with it, Pep is the man. Might take two seasons.

The season will be fractured by second and third wave lockdowns and in those circumstances I find it a bit hard to get excited. But all things being equal we have some way to go to add the relentless physicality and chance conversion we will need to catch Liverpool.

Feels like we are going to need new style and tactics. Tippy tappying it around and hoping a lone little striker will eventually convert something while praying our defence learns to deal with long balls isn’t going to cut it. I’m afraid COVID lockdowns will get in the way of this retooling.

But if anyone can come up with it, Pep is the man. Might take two seasons.
Agree with all that.

I don't think so.
Liverpool at being linked to a centre half and a centre mid - which I think are the two areas they are missing from making them the complete team.
If koulibaly is the centre half they go for, they will win just about every game.

I don't think so.
Liverpool at being linked to a centre half and a centre mid - which I think are the two areas they are missing from making them the complete team.
If koulibaly is the centre half they go for, they will win just about every game.

While we sit back and watch them do it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.