COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a Covid test today at City!

Felt so odd doing the test with the stadium in touching distance. Precautionary test.

really sad & depressing knowing it could be some time before I walk into the ground again.

Doing the test today due to a parent with Alzheimer’s testing positive in hospital & it really brought it home what a mess the world is in right now.

When it’s personal your entire view changes.

stay safe blues

I may be wrong here but once have the test and if it’s negative then what next as surely it’s only as good as that moment because you could walk out of the test centre touch something and then get the virus. Just hunk these tests are a waste of time if that’s the case .imight be wrong though .

I may be wrong here but once have the test and if it’s negative then what next as surely it’s only as good as that moment because you could walk out of the test centre touch something and then get the virus. Just hunk these tests are a waste of time if that’s the case .imight be wrong though .
If you're positive you have to self isolate as do your household and once contact tracing is in place potential contacts too. If you are negative you can continue going to work the shops etc.

Two interesting incidents in Germany:

1) After 7 days without any new positive tests in Leer (Lower Saxony, close to the Dutch border),
at least 7 new cases after a "meeting" (I guess a party) in a Restaurant INDOORS,
50 people in quarantine, lots of tracking work to do, more test results to come in.

2) On May 10 after service in a INDOORS Baptist church in Frankfurt several new cases,
that church have canceled services now.

Winter indoor time will be tricky. I have no reason to believe the pandemic has left the planet by then.
We have to practice essential social behaviour to perfection
if we want to avoid a more difficult situation.
There is so much evidence piling up now that mass infection only really occurs in unventilated enclosed spaces.

Some other advice /opinion needed.

I work in care and have been told the client I have on Monday has covid.

My company are not the best and they do the bare minimum to comply. Which means for example this particular client was supposed to be locked down but was going out three times a day because he didn't believe he should be locked down. The company sort of turned a blind eye - requested him to stop going out but not actually stopping it happening.

Would you go in?

PPE is visor, gloves, apron, so no issues there except 6 hours of wearing that is difficult (no breaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.