UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once we thought we managed to get in, I am fairly sure we didn't mind the FFP at all. I doubt people high up the Club are dying to see Saudis coming to the PL and give us another competition. It's not some too moral stand and I don't agree with it, but from business point of view, we surely didn't want FFP to disappear as long as we passed the test.

Potentially. There certainly is logic in that.
However that has not been their narrative in public, they have consistently said they believe development of any shouldnt be curtailed, and would welcome competition that improves us.

Of course you can argue they Would say that in public, but i personally beleive they (both culturally and businesswise) have the brash and confident mentality to really believe that.

You'd need to define an agenda.

I think that word is thrown around loosely on here and creates a lot of division.

Not every single media outlet is out to get us, however that makes it no less pertinent. There are still more than enough who have got on this bandwagon which has the sole purpose of smeering us. Quite a few of those journalists, in my opinion, will be on the Qatar payroll. That type of organised process filters down into those who don't understand it so they just shout it and repeat it ad nauseam. It's very easy for the truth to become lost in this type of situation.

So whilst it may not quantify an agenda, there is still ample evidence that there is Ill feeling toward us.

You seem as though you are using the wording of agenda to discredit the argument.

I think the reality is that you don't believe there is anything happening and that in fact quite a few blues are a little paranoid.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong

Yes I do think it is thrown round too loosely and it means different things to different people. I only use that term because, I believe, its my response to those questions, and in that thread, which frames the argument that I am
some how supportive of the press. Which could not be further from the truth.

I would say the relationship with sections of the media has deteriorated, over the past couple of years and agree there are some in the press who dislike us and their writing reflects that. Anyone can see that.

The Qatar argument has been proven so without doubt they are putting forward a narrative against the club.

Yes some blues I think go a bit far and can undermine some of the valid arguments and grievances we have with the press. It gives our detractors the opportunity to highlight those messages and portray the valid arguments as the writings of a bunch of loons. Anyway this is for another thread.

Yes I do think it is thrown round too loosely and it means different things to different people. I only use that term because, I believe, its my response to those questions, and in that thread, which frames the argument that I am
some how supportive of the press. Which could not be further from the truth.

I would say the relationship with sections of the media has deteriorated, over the past couple of years and agree there are some in the press who dislike us and their writing reflects that. Anyone can see that.

The Qatar argument has been proven so without doubt they are putting forward a narrative against the club.

Yes some blues I think go a bit far and can undermine some of the valid arguments and grievances we have with the press. It gives our detractors the opportunity to highlight those messages and portray the valid arguments as the writings of a bunch of loons. Anyway this is for another thread.
"Bunch of loons" is about right; we support Liddl Citeh, how mad is that?

If things don't go our way in court, is there anything to stop us setting up the CFG Cup next season on champion's league nights with a huge prize for the winner?
Competitions have to have approval from your country’s FA to start with

will be, but I wouldn't bet the people at the club would be too happy if there's no FFP and they are free to compete us for future agueros and debruynes. Buddies are buddies, but interests are interests. Just look at Yemen, they were buddies until they realized they had different interests, then they almost went to fight each other (they actually did with proxy forces).

I wouldn't be happy to have another big competitor too, but I would absolutely accept their right to do so and if media and football organizations would oppress them on the same way they do oppress City, I would support their fight against that, even with some Newcastle fans being absolute twats to City. If City would act like ****s towards them, I'd say City are acting like ****s.

All true, but we already have Utd and Liverpool grossly outbidding us on targets and inflating the market, one more should hardly bother the owners.

Where have I ever said the media is not perverse?

Nobody has a lower opinion of certain sections of the media than me. The only difference is I think their behaviour is not unique to City but contemptible to anyone they can possibly attack.

Also I do not use a broad brush to categorise everybody in the media, hence I doubt everybody is conspiring against us. Sadly some people cannot see that you can doubt an agenda by the ‘media’ but still dislike large sections of them.

While i agree some people see stuff that isn't there, a little paranoid in some instances, I believe you came to the party a little late.
A couple of years ago you would argue there was no bias against City, you now try to legitimize your stance by saying the press has deteriorated. It was always politically motivated, helped by a legion of "sports journalists" ready and willing to jump on the bandwagon.The treatment of Sterling being a prime example, even the press admitted it, though of course it was always the other outlets, and not their own.
I am glad you got there in the end though.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Roman Abramovic came along and rained on everybody’s parade long before Sheikh Mansour turned up. Would Chelsea have fallen foul of these rules? Who knows. But I for one loved it as it broke up the United, Arsenal, Liverpool axis

In fact I remember wishing we had a Russian oligarch, and there was hope for all clubs. We all had a chance of the lottery win. Something those who remember Swales would have clung onto dearly. But here we are a few short years later (relatively). Chelsea’s investment is conveniently forgotten about. You can actually go back further to the Moore’s family (Littlewoods) investment in Liverpool who financially doped them in the 50’s. Newcastle, Everton and Wolves fans better not get ideas above their station. You can win the odd one off cup, but forget any ideas of a period of domination.

So yes, it does extend to other clubs you smart arse. I can point to my own and most other people’s acceptance of Chelsea’s success as exhibit A m’lud!

I'm interested in what you say about Chelsea. I felt exactly the same as you when Chelsea became genuine challengers and then champions thanks to Abramovitch. But in the end he threw his lot in with the 'istry boys because he couldn't stand the competition from City and he announced his Damascene conversion to Platini's FFP. And where I can't agree with you is that "Chelsea's investment is conveniently forgotten about" because I don't believe he's actually invested anything. I accept that he always intended that Chelsea should be able eventually to be successful and live within the means permitted by FFP, but then so did City. But Abramovitch had done exactly the same as Leeds and Portsmouth by making interest free) loans to the club (to be repaid within 180 days of him selling the club). Chelsea's debts are thus massive and Abramovitch/Chelsea have "taken advantage" of FFP to increase the club's debt to their holding company to well over £1 billion. Chelsea are rather vulnerable in the light of Abramovitch's difficulties with our government and the corona virus. I don't see what can be done about debt in football within the law but as PB points out to us FFP has made the problem worse not better and far from being the unqualified success for FFP that Platini claimed, Chelsea could be its most catastrophic failure. FFP doesn't protect clubs from owners who "walk away" unless they have made genuine investment and improved the financial stability of the club. We will notice that these two great failures of FFP - limiting genuine investment and protecting the financial stability of clubs - are supposed to be the great achievements of which UEFA are most proud.

Secondly, I note the use of the phrase "financial doping". I know very well you are using this Wengerism to mock the way supporters of FFP use it and I know you use it to show your contempt of the concept behind it but unfortunately many on here and at large don't. Wenger of course coined the phrase to refer to the use of illegal and immoral monies (ie shareholders' money) to improve performance just as athletes used performance enhancing drugs. This is, as we all can see clearly, typical typical of the nonsense spouted by Archbishop Arsene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.