Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

As the restart gets closer I just dont see how it can be classed as the premier league 2019/20 any more.

No fans, No VAR, 5 subs, shorter halves, 4 month rest, subs sitting 2 metres apart, all staff in masks until they come onto the pitch. Are there rules within football to say the rules can be changed after 75% of the season has been played ?
Subs sitting 2 metres apart waiting to come on and play a contact sport is laughable itself mate. Anyway, some on here welcome the return of football.

Subs sitting 2 metres apart waiting to come on and play a contact sport is laughable itself mate. Anyway, some on here welcome the return of football.

I understand some want football back asap. Personally when football comes back I would want the whole season to be played under the same rules. If a new season starts with 5 subs, shorter halves no fans etc than the whole season must be played that way.

I really can't understand the rush to finish this season, how moving the goal posts after 75% of the season has been played without this being mentioned at the start of the season is beyond me. Any restart of this season is farcical and most fans can see this.

Any football that restarts can not be a continuation of 2019/20 season. All effort should be on when a new season can start safely. I really dont see why they want to mess up next season to finish this one. Champions league in August ! That's when the new season should start so when does the new champion league start December ?

I understand some want football back asap. Personally when football comes back I would want the whole season to be played under the same rules. If a new season starts with 5 subs, shorter halves no fans etc than the whole season must be played that way.

I really can't understand the rush to finish this season, how moving the goal posts after 75% of the season has been played without this being mentioned at the start of the season is beyond me. Any restart of this season is farcical and most fans can see this.

Any football that restarts can not be a continuation of 2019/20 season. All effort should be on when a new season can start safely. I really dont see why they want to mess up next season to finish this one. Champions league in August ! That's when the new season should start so when does the new champion league start December ?

Don't believe what you read in the the press. There will be VAR and the game will still be 90 minutes. Only difference to the rules being you will be allowed more subs if they follow Germany, even this isn't confirmed. Now they have a safe way of course they should finish the season and let all trophies be played out.

Football without fans isn't for me. Can you imagine the fa cup final at an empty Wembley? No thanks

Don't know if previously mentioned but Our trip to Madrid the last week in February was an absolute ball, although on my return I was very much under the weather with an horrendous cough and looking back possible covid symptoms. Wondered if any others had anything similar although at the time I just put it down to burning the candle.
We spent 4 days there, went to Wembley and the Swamp a bit worried for a couple of weeks but fortunately no one had any symptoms

The bosses of the Premier League have said on numerous occasions that they do not want the integrity to be compromised. However by saying they are thinking of more subs, shorter halves and no VAR. Surely the whole of this season's Premier League will now be compromised.

Now unless they finish the season as it started, the whole of the season 2019/20 will be compromised. The only other way out is to declare it null and void. Then concentrate on getting season 2020/21 as near as possible on time.

As the restart gets closer I just dont see how it can be classed as the premier league 2019/20 any more.

No fans, No VAR, 5 subs, shorter halves, 4 month rest, subs sitting 2 metres apart, all staff in masks until they come onto the pitch. Are there rules within football to say the rules can be changed after 75% of the season has been played ?
They won't have all them rules. They told us that so that we would accept the shit they ARE going to show us.
Don't believe what you read in the the press. There will be VAR and the game will still be 90 minutes. Only difference to the rules being you will be allowed more subs if they follow Germany, even this isn't confirmed. Now they have a safe way of course they should finish the season and let all trophies be played out.
I think its extremely unfair that LFC don't have to play their top six away games... Away!

I hope everyone will be OK with it if LFC beat city by a sizeable margin, if LFC go on to smash our points and goals records I hope everyone is OK with that? Or that LFC play kids after two games and city (and the rest of the leagu ) players are at increased risk for the rest of the games.

Right now it ducks me off that this is the scenario we are heading for and no one cares.

. Not many things duck me off

I wonder what the government response would be to the London Marathon organisers if they said they would like to run the race the same weekend that the Premier League restarts.

Obviously, its all run outdoors, so an outdoor sport.They could say that they will remove the finishing line seating & stands. As individuals they are all allowed to exercise as much as they like in a day too. As with PL, they could request any fans/spectators to not to attend event or to social gather.

PL players will obviously not be adhering to x2m social distancing so no significant difference to race competitors.Just send covid test out to each competitor x96 hours prior and any positives, send do not compete text x24 hours b4. Overseas competitors could fly in now prior to x14 days quarantine being in place.

Would that also be allowed within returning to normality, beacon of light, public uplift etc

They won't have all them rules. They told us that so that we would accept the shit they ARE going to show us.

I think its extremely unfair that LFC don't have to play their top six away games... Away!

I hope everyone will be OK with it if LFC beat city by a sizeable margin, if LFC go on to smash our points and goals records I hope everyone is OK with that? Or that LFC play kids after two games and city (and the rest of the leagu ) players are at increased risk for the rest of the games.

Right now it ducks me off that this is the scenario we are heading for and no one cares.

. Not many things duck me off

So the crux of the matter isn't actually anything to do with safety more that you don't want Liverpool to win the league/beat our tally/play their kids/basically do anything? That is a more reasonable debate than those saying it's unsafe at least your honest!

I wonder what the government response would be to the London Marathon organisers if they said they would like to run the race the same weekend that the Premier League restarts.

Obviously, its all run outdoors, so an outdoor sport.They could say that they will remove the finishing line seating & stands. As individuals they are all allowed to exercise as much as they like in a day too. As with PL, they could request any fans/spectators to not to attend event or to social gather.

PL players will obviously not be adhering to x2m social distancing so no significant difference to race competitors.Just send covid test out to each competitor x96 hours prior and any positives, send do not compete text x24 hours b4. Overseas competitors could fly in now prior to x14 days quarantine being in place.

Would that also be allowed within returning to normality, beacon of light, public uplift etc

Is there a facepalm emoji on here?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.