Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

My definition of safe is 30 or so athletes under the age of 35, who have tested negative for a virus multiple times that week being allowed to play. The fact the 8 or so out of 1000 have tested positive and taken out of play for 7 days proves the safety measures are working. The first game won't be for a few weeks there's a high chance the virus will be all but gone by then.

The problems arise when we factor in the tests aren't conclusive, in fact they are far from definitive markers for negative readings.

They all had tickets.

That is the easy answer. However, it assumes all ticket holders lived in Liverpool when in reality the fans are spread throughout the UK and Europe. Further with data protection and the rest how have they found out that the person with the ticket now has the disease, have they all emailed the club ? It is a figure that has been plucked out of the air to give the scousers something to moan about.

Anyway, what about those that jibbed in, do they not count ?

40,000 people v 22. Not a useful comparison.

The bottom line is that German football has returned and so far safely, and the UK epidemic continues to abate.

I look forward to Bayern Munich v Dortmund tomorrow. 5.30 pm tomorrow if anyone is interested. I know there are elements that are farcical but so is walking around Tesco with a mask, and all the rest

not a useful comparison?

OK, i understand your response & the facepalm reply too. Im cool as anticipated my post would get similar responses to these. However, im just pushing back on PL return and its science? and if same/similar science could extrapolate to other events that initially may sound far fetched possibly to take place in sametimeframe, but in reality are they so?

Where is/would the line be drawn, 23, 50, 100 or1,000, or 40,000? if all covid 19 tested negative prior 72 hours like in PL? Is there actually a line? If all tested previously/as in PL? Does x22 just sound small/OK but is it scientifically significant?

Imagine 40,000 visitors to Brighton, across x8 hours, some social distancing but high majority untested, less/more risk?

If all clubs,all tiers were financially able to replicate PL model, thats a lot of players/teams/support in close promity to each other, but presumably acceptable too as only x22 in ahem.."isolation?

Is there a facepalm emoji on here?

My definition of safe is 30 or so athletes under the age of 35, who have tested negative for a virus multiple times that week being allowed to play. The fact the 8 or so out of 1000 have tested positive and taken out of play for 7 days proves the safety measures are working. The first game won't be for a few weeks there's a high chance the virus will be all but gone by then.

Thx for the facepalm emoji response, im cool with that, see my reply to Marvin above

I was interested to see your later post that "The first game won't be for a few weeks there's a high chance the virus will be all but gone by then"

WSL called off.

Still deciding relegation/promotion/league positions.

So that'll be Chelsea crowned champions and Liverpool saved from relegation....

Where exactly will it have "gone" to?

Whoever the bosses of the WSL are. Why are they agreeing to null and void the WSL, is it because they were told to by someone who works for Liverpool or Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.