Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

So why did you go to Wembley ?
@mosssideblue Did you go to Wembley ? Would you have gone to Madrid and Arsenal at home ?

At the time no one thought it was going to be like this. I was in the pub when Boris closed them, everyone laughed, no one realised 36,000 people would die. I could argue all night that Boris timed lock down brilliantly but that is for the politics thread. This is about scousers who now have something to rally round.

No one thought it was going to be like this?
.You only had to apply common sense to see the decision to allow mass gatherings when a fatal virus was sweeping the world, particularly allowing masses from a highly infected country was not a well conceived one. No, I didn't go to those games

Normal influenza claims 17,000 lives per year in the UK , that is the average number over the last ten years as the figures provided by Public Health England , break that figure down to 50 deaths per day as an average over a decade.
So your predicition that COVID-19 , a far stronger and more deadly virus will vastly reduce or virtually disappear in a couple of months is frankly ridiculous , but that is a common trait to your posts , no facts and no substance.
I have been using that fact since this began.

Normal influenza claims 17,000 lives per year in the UK , that is the average number over the last ten years as the figures provided by Public Health England , break that figure down to 50 deaths per day as an average over a decade.
So your predicition that COVID-19 , a far stronger and more deadly virus will vastly reduce or virtually disappear in a couple of months is frankly ridiculous , but that is a common trait to your posts , no facts and no substance.

I think we have to be careful with that stat. Firstly, influenza, unlike Covid, is not a notifiable illness so it would not be necessary to put "influenza" on a death certificate. Consequently, like for like, there are no reliable figures for deaths of people with flu.

Secondly, assuming that the figure is correct, that is, as you say, just under 50 deaths a day. But, of course, that figure ignores the spike from the "flu season" and spreads it over an entire year. Covid hasn't been measured over a whole year yet to work out the average.

That's not to say you are wrong, just that we need figures over comparable periods before we can start talking about averages.

Hearts overruling heads I suspect.

The reality remains, allowing a mass of foreign football fans from a badly affected country and mingle amongst thousands from here was only going to result in one outcome.

You could probably bookmark it on here posters saying how dangerous it was for it to happen, non of Bluemoons demographic are professional virologists and saw what could unfold.

I think we have to be careful with that stat. Firstly, influenza, unlike Covid, is not a notifiable illness so it would not be necessary to put "influenza" on a death certificate. Consequently, like for like, there are no reliable figures for deaths of people with flu.

Secondly, assuming that the figure is correct, that is, as you say, just under 50 deaths a day. But, of course, that figure ignores the spike from the "flu season" and spreads it over an entire year. Covid hasn't been measured over a whole year yet to work out the average.

That's not to say you are wrong, just that we need figures over comparable periods before we can start talking about averages.

Plus the number of covid deaths is more manipulated than the stock market.

Educate yourself jimmysboots. We have been fed the scare story to make sure we all comply with lockdown which was put in place based on a guy (Neil Ferguson) who's models of potential epidemics have been wrong time and time again.

https://thecritic.co.uk/were-all-in-the-big-numbers-now/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.