Will City win the league next season?

Not without an overhaul. The 1st team needs pace, strength, a killer touch, new spine and a leader.

Within 2 years the only 1st teamers probably left will be eddie, laporte, rodri, bernado(if heads not turned by la liga), raz, foden, Kdb and jesus. Hopefully a few youngsters like thb, doyle, braaf, garcia but will they be ready/good enough.

So in theory in 2 seasons we need atleast 12 players. That's a huge turn over.
Teams that were on target to get 80 plus points, and maybe win 3 trophies don’t need overhauls, especially when their best defender is fit again. Fine tuning is all that’s needed.

Teams that were on target to get 80 plus points, and maybe win 3 trophies don’t need overhauls, especially when their best defender is fit again. Fine tuning is all that’s needed.
Some big gaps in the side once Sane and Silva leave added to the issues we have had at CB and LB ths season. I'd say we need 4 starting 11 calibre players this summer who can come in firing. Not players who need 1or 2 seasons to develop and settle in, players who come in and make an impact immediately. The kind of summer when we brought in Laporte, Bernardo, Ederson etc or Toure, Silva and Edin. Feels a little bit like this will be a crossroads summer for us in terms of setting us up for the next 4/5 years.

Bravo - leaving needs replacing
Zinchenko - doesnt have a position hes taking a spot up
Mendy - I'd keep, but is he reliable?
Nico - will be leaving either this year or next
Stones - id keep but will pep.
Walker - coming to end of career maybe 2 more seasons.
Cancelo - does he want to be hear?
Gundogan- 2 years left in him
Sane - doesnt want to be here
D.silva - contracts up
Ferna - 1 more season
Kun - 1 maybe 2 more seasons.
Mahrez - probably 2 seasons.

How do you fine tune this list of players? I admire your noble views on spending money but this team is coming to end. We will have 8/9 1st team players from this squad in 2 years time. Like I said I hope stones and mendy find some consistency but that's still 10/11 players to replace.

Braaf, doyle, garcia and braaf look decent. It would be an amazing achievemment but unlikely all of them will make it to the required level.

Where do you find the replacements in your ideal world? Free transfers?

I don't think so.
Liverpool at being linked to a centre half and a centre mid - which I think are the two areas they are missing from making them the complete team.
If koulibaly is the centre half they go for, they will win just about every game.

agree with this. If Liverpool get Koulibaly they would have two of the best CBs in the world playing next to each other. Disaster scenario for us and the league. We’d stand no chance.

If we want to win the league we need to sign a top CB. That’s the priority.

Bravo - leaving needs replacing
Zinchenko - doesnt have a position hes taking a spot up
Mendy - I'd keep, but is he reliable?
Nico - will be leaving either this year or next
Stones - id keep but will pep.
Walker - coming to end of career maybe 2 more seasons.
Cancelo - does he want to be hear?
Gundogan- 2 years left in him
Sane - doesnt want to be here
D.silva - contracts up
Ferna - 1 more season
Kun - 1 maybe 2 more seasons.
Mahrez - probably 2 seasons.

How do you fine tune this list of players? I admire your noble views on spending money but this team is coming to end. We will have 8/9 1st team players from this squad in 2 years time. Like I said I hope stones and mendy find some consistency but that's still 10/11 players to replace.

Braaf, doyle, garcia and braaf look decent. It would be an amazing achievemment but unlikely all of them will make it to the required level.

Where do you find the replacements in your ideal world? Free transfers?
Bravo already replaced Steffen
Zinchenko will probably go
Angelino will probably go
Mendy will stay bring in a new left back
O
tamendi will go bring in a new centre back
Stones will stay
Garcia and Fernandinho Laporte gives us 5 centre backs
Walker and Cancelo gives us right back for 2 years worry about that then not this summer we’ve already got Couto
Silva and Gundogan going replaced by Foden and new midfielder probably Aouar
Sane don’t think will be replaced by a winger if anything a young froward that can play central when Aguero goes
Aguero as above.
Mahrez cross that bridge when we come to it

So this summer think we’ll sign left back, centre back and midfielder for the first team maybe a young forward too. That’s about it, not what I’d call an overhaul.

Bravo already replaced Steffen
Zinchenko will probably go
Angelino will probably go
Mendy will stay bring in a new left back
O
tamendi will go bring in a new centre back
Stones will stay
Garcia and Fernandinho Laporte gives us 5 centre backs
Walker and Cancelo gives us right back for 2 years worry about that then not this summer we’ve already got Couto
Silva and Gundogan going replaced by Foden and new midfielder probably Aouar
Sane don’t think will be replaced by a winger if anything a young froward that can play central when Aguero goes
Aguero as above.
Mahrez cross that bridge when we come to it

So this summer think we’ll sign left back, centre back and midfielder for the first team maybe a young forward too. That’s about it, not what I’d call an overhaul.
FFS!

There's no next season....its the end of the world,and last ever trophy is ours ( league cup)....!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.