COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antibody tests used to determine if people have been infected in the past with Covid-19 might be wrong up to half the time, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in new guidance posted on its website

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/26/cdc-coronavirus-antibody-tests-could-be-wrong-50-of-the-time/

@True_Blue69 read this properly
They have used an example which doesn't correlate with the tests in this country. It was precisely the example that they use which was the reaso why the UK waited for a test with greater specificity which means the likelihood of a false positive is far far less.

I thought that the number of infections would drop as the virus peters out.
If it’s the figure I’m thinking then it includes all that have tested positive from the beginning including the recovered and those that have died so when it peters out it will stop rising, but the number / 100,000 that have had it will still remain. The new infection number will drop as it peters out.

My daughter and all frontline patient facing staff at her hospital (main place of work) were tested for Covid-19 abtibodies from Sunday to Tuesday. Results out on Monday.
The gambling odds from the staff are that 90%+ will have had it.

Either they have shit PPE or they're having after work orgies. Health workers are generally greater affected but not to that extent.

EZCB7uAX0AA245Q
180 extra deaths from under reporting over the bank holiday weekend isnt too bad to be honest. I was expecting 550.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.