Glyn Pardoe RIP

I understand from Glyns cousin (Ken Oakes,Alans brother) that Glyn passed away from a heart attack.
Many years ago now (20 ?) Glyn was rushed into hospital having "died" three times with the same problem.
Some wonderful tributes on here,thanks fellow Blues.
Yes l remember being told he had moved house to make things easier with his heart but he looked pretty fit.
Remember him at the meeting in Northwich when he said he could easily play on modern pitches but how many modern stars could do it on the pitches in his day? Interesting question but I reckon David Silva could dance over any surface hardly touching the ground.

Yes l remember being told he had moved house to make things easier with his heart but he looked pretty fit.
Remember him at the meeting in Northwich when he said he could easily play on modern pitches but how many modern stars could do it on the pitches in his day? Interesting question but I reckon David Silva could dance over any surface hardly touching the ground.
I`ve always maintained that David could walk on water. ;)

Really sad news, R.I.P Glynn, a true City legend, and deepest condolences to all your loving family. What I find as I get older (58 coming up), I was born in the year Glynn made his debut, we tend to reminisce more about those times we saw our greats and legends play, and it brings me always to me Dad who sadly passed in 2002, he played for ‘City B‘ in the day and was an ever present at Maine Road as a disabled supporter, through thick and thin and even through his own physical hardships. Me dads love of football and everything City transcended into me and my family, thinking back it brings tears to my eyes, thinking of Glynn and the lads in the day, his family and his legacy with young Tommy, it instils in me pride and privilege, to have seen Glynn play and to know, even though me dad never got to see our current success in his lifetime, he sits in paradise watching his beloved City, now able welcome Glynn to the rest of the Blue Heavener’s. Good night God Bless Glynn. Like me dad a legend!

RIP Glyn.
Probably the best Manchester City left back during my life.

Last edited:
Sad news.
You reach a time in life where all the heroes of your youth seem to be disappearing and Glyn is the latest. Seems to have been a nice unassuming man, and City through-and-through.

Suspect that in his prime he would have walked into even the great current City team and made the left-back berth his own ?

I have a facebook group page celebrating the 1986 FA Youth Cup winning team.
Some of the players are members of the group and here are their tributes to Glyn;

Ian Scott
Absolute gentleman was Glyn. He will be sadly missed by all who came across him.
As a coach educator I would tell budding new coaches that as a coach you will be remembered for ever by the young people you influence, Glyn will be remembered forever by the young players he worked with. RIP Glyn and thanks for the memories

David Boyd
Sad news indeed. Glyn was always such a positive character and what a player!

Steve Macaulay
So sad, Glyn was an absolute gent. Many happy memories of Glyn, always smiling & joking. Condolences to Glyn’s family RIP to a great man

Steve Crompton
Such sad news. Great player, great coach and a great person. Will be sadly missed. Thoughts are with his family.

Steve Mills
Sad news. A top man!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.