Mancini or Pep era?

Bobby was a gunslinger Pep is the Pythagorus of the pitch. Styles make fights. 2011 we were kicking down the door of the elite. When Pep arrived we were ready to take the piss out of the rest of the elite. Bravo made it a level playing field for a season

The excitement in the build up to the 2012 title win was something I had never experienced before and given the manner of the win itself it's always going to have a special feeling to it.

The Pep is era a different animal, we're an established top club and have the best manager in the world!

Both Mancini and Pep era's brought fantastic moments in our history, hopefully there's even more to come under Pep!

I think the success of the Pep era is largely down to the manager. The success of the Mancini era is largely down to the players.

I think 'Pep's' success was down to his £50m+ player in each position. I am not sure how many managers would fail twice like he did given his resources.

I think the success of the Pep era is largely down to the manager. The success of the Mancini era is largely down to the players.
Agree with the first line - couldn't disagree more with the second.

Seemingly over night the Mancini taught the same set of players that had 'failed' Hughes to defend whilst retaining a cutting threat.

Granted some of it is down to the age of the squad that he inherited, but some of those players were never better than under his guidance and he near enough improved the lot of them. With the gift of hindsight I think some will regret their actions around getting him ousted from the club.

Some of the achievements under his tenure were things that we could have only dreamt of a few years prior and his combustible style dragged out certain individual creativities within the squad (providing a lot of unforgettable memories).

Again, some of this is down to right place, right time as if Mancini hadn't have won any silverware then we would be crediting another Manager for dragging the banner down and the like.

There is no wrong answer in this thread, but I find it strange that a Manager who came into this club delivered what he did, in the style and manner that he did and we seem to completely ignore his own contribution.

What a strange bunch we are............

I think 'Pep's' success was down to his £50m+ player in each position. I am not sure how many managers would fail twice like he did given his resources.
Imagine following football and having such a downer on one of the best managers to grace the game.
At least the rest of the forum gets to laugh at your one man crusade to convince us he’s not that good and Pellegrini was better.

Genuinely interested to know peoples thoughts on which one they preferred. Both have been/was brilliant. Have to go for Mancini personally for giving me the opportunity to see city win a big trophy for the first time and the league was something I didn’t think I’d see. Also believe Bobby understood the meaning of the derby, 3 of our best derby wins came under him 6-1, semi, Vinny header.

On the flip side they way we’ve dominated domestic football under the last few years and the style of football we’ve played under Pep is something I don’t think we’ll see again like this. I also genuinely believe we will win the CL in the next season or so which will be the perfect send off if he decides that’s it

It's difficult to see past the 100 point Pep season as maybe the greatest season of football in my adult life. So on that basis Pep would pip Mancini. But it's also difficult to not be swept up in the (hindsight) emotion of 11/12. I think we're incredibly lucky to have had both of them to bookend a decade of trophies and success.

The next guy is going to have an insane amount to live up to. It will be the impossible job.

It's difficult to see past the 100 point Pep season as maybe the greatest season of football in my adult life. So on that basis Pep would pip Mancini. But it's also difficult to not be swept up in the (hindsight) emotion of 11/12. I think we're incredibly lucky to have had both of them to bookend a decade of trophies and success.

The next guy is going to have an insane amount to live up to. It will be the impossible job.

Ain't that last line the truth. I feel sorry for the poor sod in advance.

(Unless pep stays for another 3 years or so, bloods a few of the promising youngsters and then hands over to Kompany who then goes on to win a league in his first year. How good would that be!?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.