COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I dont know.
However I think it certainly makes the vendor record the identity on larger purchases.
I normally pay with a credit card but cash payments are treated exactly the same.
Because it is not possible to get an NIE without a bank account number ,(confusingly no bank account without an NIE as well), all large cash transactions are theoretically monitored but who knows.
Because I get money to Spain via say Transferwise for best rates I need to indicate source of such cash in UK eg Natwest so money traceable.
Tax treaty between Spain and Uk now means access by both countries to same data means tax payment is now checkable in both countries so especially in Spain things are tightening up.
I have an ID card in Malaysia. And you can't get a SIM card without your passport or ID card, which is then registered with the phone company. I'm not sure what it achieves. I think the main argument against the ID card scheme in the UK was always the cost, and they didn't seem to do a good job communicating the supposed benefits.

Those figures are as depressing as they are damning.
Not surprising at all given the UK population density, and the prevalence of Covid-19 risk factors in UK society (Obesity, Diabetes, Dementia and High Blood Pressure). Add to this a government science establishment with zero common sence and total arrogance (with respect to face coverings and previous far east epidemics) as well as a top down command beuauracracy in health and civil administration that couldn't be tactically nimble in a billion years and you get where we are.
Still we did better than other countries in terms of coronavirus in care homes so that's one small mercy.
It wouldn't matter who was on the bridge.
The only thing that could have been done better is bringing in social distancing and lockdown earlier and you need 20/20 hindsight for that or be called @Chippy_boy

Quite concerning, especially given how adept the South Koreans have been in identifying transmission routes and the sophisticated mechanisms available to them to track and trace. They appear to think the new infections come via “...workplaces, crammed schools and karaoke rooms in the metropolitan area”. However, those words cover a myriad of places, so it should be a warning to all countries.

I spoke to someone in Wuhan yesterday and primary schools are still not open.

Yeah, very concerning and I just hope we're watching what's happening over there in the next few weeks with a close eye. Not learning from them first time round was bad enough but blink at what's happening now and hell mend us. It kinda puts a huge dent in any hopes that this thing is fading away or weakening naturally as well, shows that the only thing which has stopped it in its tracks was very strong social distancing.

I Cant see anyone following our governments guidance anymore. Why should they? They don't follow it either.

I Cant see anyone following our governments guidance anymore. Why should they? They don't follow it either.
And it's because of attitudes like that, that lockdown for most will last longer and people like you will moan how your liberties are being curtailed and the government is useless. If Cummings had said put your head in the oven to kill off the virus would you have followed his advice?

Yeah, very concerning and I just hope we're watching what's happening over there in the next few weeks with a close eye. Not learning from them first time round was bad enough but blink at what's happening now and hell mend us. It kinda puts a huge dent in any hopes that this thing is fading away or weakening naturally as well, shows that the only thing which has stopped it in its tracks was very strong social distancing.

Sometimes wonder if we learn anything at all AB, let alone from anywhere else. All we ever seem to hear is how different everyone else's circumstances are and how exceptional we are. South Korea has a large population, many of whom are concentrated in Seoul, suggesting it is not entirely dissimilar. However, it seems to prize public health and saving the lives of its citizens above everything else, so in that respect...

And it's because of attitudes like that, that lockdown for most will last longer and people like you will moan how your liberties are being curtailed and the government is useless. If Cummings had said put your head in the oven to kill off the virus would you have followed his advice?

Any form of government control ended when they did not sack turtle head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.