UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what they would have counted on, cos they would have known there was no way we would ever accept a ban of any kind, never mind a 2 year one. That’s why they made it 2 years, to afford CAS the wriggle room/temptation to reduce it to 1 year, and mitigate against the prospect of them exonerating us altogether.
What makes me additionally twitchy about our chances of having the ban completely overturned is that UEFA CL revamp announcement, with qualifying coefficients based on the next 3 seasons only, and ergo with the expectation that we will be out of the equation. Given that excluding us has always been the name of the game, why make that announcement prior to our hearing, cos if our ban is overturned then they’ll have to immediately reinvent those qualifying criteria in order to exclude us on some other grounds. The only conclusion I can draw is that, for whatever reason, they are confident we won’t get the ban overturned

From what I've read and if the proposals were enacted it is based on a club’s domestic rankings of the previous four seasons i.e 2020/21-2023/24 for a commencement in 2024

Theoretically this should be a breeze if we are banned. However, future FFP failures or premier league points deductions might impact.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/how-new-champions-league-format-21940765

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...motion-relegation-qualification-rules-2552369

I read today rags are taking out a £140 million loan to finance their summer spending plans. Think the loan was being provided by some holding company or other - owned by the Glazers I would imagine ?
Thought you could “only spend what you earn” ?

More likely it’s £140m to keep them afloat for the next 12 months. Their match day income is huge so no crowds or visits to the ‘Superstore’ will cost them a great deal. I’d ignore the media bollocks re buying this and that - they are going to take a major pinch ... particularly if the FAs campaign to put them in the CL fails.

Accordingly to Kevin McQuire on the Price of Football podcast City are demanding a quick verdict from CAS so expect it to a lot sooner than is generally thought They do have a history of turning decisions around quickly when it necessary

Can they do it as quick as the UEFA AC who can announce the verdict before the hearing.

Should the club be ready to start court proceedings against all those involved in the hacking of our data. That is if the CAS decides that UEFA are in the right, be giving that 2yr ban against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.