Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Not sure what to make of that. I did google it in case you were joking ! The ICC medical advisory committee regard the virus as “highly unlikely” to be transmitted via sweat. Ulterior motive lads ?

I certainly wouldn’t be catching a ball thrown by a sweaty cricketer.
Picture fast bowlers rolling the ball around inside their jock strap before polishing on their thigh before delivery!

According to the BBC anyone in England who tests positive for coronavirus will be contacted via text, email or over the phone and asked to log on to the NHS Test and Trace website, where they'll be asked for details of people with whom they've been in close contact.

Under-18s will be phoned, and a parent or guardian will need to give permission for the call to continue.

The tracers can track down the contacts of 10,000 people every day, the government says.

This could include household members, but extends to anyone they have been within 2m (6ft) of for more than 15 minutes.

so let’s say I get the symptoms but don’t report - useless
I do report, get asked to log on to the website but don’t - useless
I do report, get tested and contacted and asked who I have been in contact with. Half I can’t remember and no way am I telling them about my mistress/sex worker/drug dealer/whatever. - useless
They ask for permission to talk to under 18s in my household who are covid positive. I refuse. - useless
Been on a train for over 15 minutes no idea who else was - useless
Been on a tram for over 15 minutes no idea who else was - useless
Been in a cab for over 15 minutes no idea who was in it before me infecting every surface - useless

That’s before they start telling my contacts they have to take sick leave!

Glad to see how helpful you will be, how about focusing on the positives.

so let’s say I get the symptoms and report it - helpful
I do report, get asked to log on to the website which I do - helpful
I do report, get tested and contacted and asked who I have been in contact with. I can remember most and thankfully I don't have any contact with people such as a mistress/sex worker/drug dealer/ who I don't no the names of - helpful
They ask for permission to talk to under 18s in my household who are covid positive. I let them - helpful
Been on a train for over 15 minutes no idea who else was although I let them know the train I was on together with carriage and seat number in case that's any help
Been on a tram for over 15 minutes no idea who else was although I let them know which tram I was on and the stops I got on and off
Been in a cab for over 15 minutes no idea who was in it before me infecting every surface but I let them know the cab firm so that they could help

See how much more help in combating this virus you can be.

You are what I believe is called a useful idiot.

I wonder how closely they check whether the contacts are real.

For instance if I came down with it and told them I’d been with Liverpool’s Mane and Salah would they check or would they just get told to quarantine for two weeks...
I use football as an example.
Of course it could be Dominic Cummings, a commercial rival, your ex, whoever.

In fact come on blues if you get it it is your civic duty to say which Liverpool players you have been hob nobbing with.

Last edited:
It's the rules announced yesterday for all of us, starting at 9am today.

If football "finds a way around it", how ? Anyone in contact with someone testing positive has to isolate for 14 days, how can a footballer not be in close contact with other footballers ?

Prior to contact tracing if someone tested positive test then only that player would be quarantined. If they apply contact tracing, as explained yesterday, then the competition could fall apart. The Bundesliga must have a way around this.

The Bundesliga must have a way around this.
Yes its played under German rules, not the ones the UK government have announced.

Also there was no contact in football training until today, so it was highly unlikely a player could give it another, now there is.

Football shouldn't be trying to find "ways round" the rules, it should be setting an example as to why everyone should follow them.

Prior to contact tracing if someone tested positive test then only that player would be quarantined. If they apply contact tracing, as explained yesterday, then the competition could fall apart. The Bundesliga must have a way around this.
Football has away round everything, it's called money, lots and lots of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.