Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I hope the viewing figures are shite and that loads cancel the tv deals.

If I were a still a regular attendee, I would be writing to the club and saying if you thinks its ok to play without supporters now, then in my case you will be doing it without.

The premier league, and the TV companies are in my view being incredibly disrespectful playing at his stage.
What have supporters got to do with anything. It’s professional sport, they play to see who wins regardless of number of people watching.

I presume you think that every single other company that’s open for business is being disrespectful too

Every day the media are lining up to talk about how we lead the world in deaths per head, how we aren't doing enough testing, how everything that the government is planning is wrong and yet they are the first to laud this decision. It's an absolute shocker.

Yes its played under German rules, not the ones the UK government have announced.

Also there was no contact in football training until today, so it was highly unlikely a player could give it another, now there is.

Football shouldn't be trying to find "ways round" the rules, it should be setting an example as to why everyone should follow them.

If it's good enough for the people who actually wrote them to find "ways round" the rules then football certainly doesn't have to be any different.
As it is, i still think it should all be called off and current placings stand, i know that's tough on the relegation places but tough

What have supporters got to do with anything. It’s professional sport, they play to see who wins regardless of number of people watching.

I presume you think that every single other company that’s open for business is being disrespectful too
People are forgetting this. I’ve been going to City for 30 years but football as a spectator sport was lost years and years ago unfortunately. It’s now a business, a multi billion pound business on our shores. The government want it up and running like they do all shops and business’ next week.

Look they could always let the fans back into the ground by doing what they are doing in Hungary. There must be 3 empty seats between each person on a row, and no one can sit directly behind or either to the left or the right on the row in front or behind.

Look they could always let the fans back into the ground by doing what they are doing in Hungary. There must be 3 empty seats between each person on a row, and no one can sit directly behind or either to the left or the right on the row in front or behind.
No problem for us empty seats every week,so they say.

Football is a business. It will do whatever it should to survive. Just like restaurants doing 2nd best takeaways, pubs doing 2nd best takeaways, shops, cafes and any other business you care to mention. I don't like the prospect of games behind closed doors, you may or may not like it. But live with it because football is only doing what every business should and must do - trying to survive with managed risk to staff and customers.

How on Earth can this be justified is beyond me. 2 meter rule for everybody but footballers. Not to mention this track & trace policy which again clearly does not apply to football .

I have so many friends inc barbers who are really starting to feel the strain now.

this send a message to the whole country do what you want. Maybe herd immunity is still the only way the government see out of this.

4-6 weeks I will be amazed if the second spike does not start.

give the scousers the cup nobody cares anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.