FA Cup to resume June 27/28

I'm actually starting to worry that my interest in football is dwindling by the day. This virus has killed it finally for me, can't muster up any enthusiasm for the remainder of this season even the fa cup and champs league mean nothing without supporters attending.
Picture the scene, Wembley August 1st, the first all Manchester FA Cup final, Spanish Dave in his farewell domestic appearance leading us out of the tunnel. I’m sure you’ll be able to rouse yourself

Picture the scene, Wembley August 1st, the first all Manchester FA Cup final, Spanish Dave in his farewell domestic appearance leading us out of the tunnel. I’m sure you’ll be able to rouse yourself

Hopefully a few will be allowed to watch it by then, will be pissed off if club wembley gets primacy over 20k plus point ST holders though. Hopefully 4 or 5 k will be allowed in aground that size with nor problems.

Hopefully a few will be allowed to watch it by then, will be pissed off if club wembley gets primacy over 20k plus point ST holders though. Hopefully 4 or 5 k will be allowed in aground that size with nor problems.
I suppose it’s always nice to be there but all the expense and trouble of getting there might not seem worth it to just sit in a sparsely populated stadium.

I suppose it’s always nice to be there but all the expense and trouble of getting there might not seem worth it to just sit in a sparsely populated stadium.
Can't see how a phased return will work. Say they allow 5k into our place for a game. Starter , no away fans. Then, how do you get people into the stadium then into their seats? Cancel the first 5 seats of each row so people can walk up/down the aisle. 3/4 rows apart then 6 seats on each row apart.
You'll have to go in the ground in some kind of order as you can't be walking pass somebody on the same row to get to your seat. What if you need to go to the loo during the game? Whoever is on your row will have to get up & down/up the aisle before you can go to respect social distancing.
The same applies at FT. You will have to do a phased exit, each row at a time from the back to the front.
Unless I'm overlooking something here, you'll only get 2 persons, per row on about 5 rows in each block.

Last edited:
Can't see how a phased return will work. Say they allow 5k into our place for a game. Starter , no away fans. Then, how do you get people into the stadium then into their seats? Cancel the first 5 seats of each row sum people can walk up/down the aisle. 3/4 rows apart then 6 seats on each row apart.
You'll have to go in the ground in some kind of order as you can't be walking pass somebody on the same row to get to your seat. What if you need to go to the loo during the game? Whoever is on your row will have to get up & down/up the aisle before you can go to respect social distancing.
The same applies at FT. You will have to do a phased exit, each row at a time from the back to the front.
Unless I'm overlooking something here, you'll only get 2 persons, per row on about 5 rows in each block.
I agree. The whole thing will be a logistical nightmare and it’ll all take fuckin ages. No chance of getting back to Euston in time for the last train home !

Can't see how a phased return will work. Say they allow 5k into our place for a game. Starter , no away fans. Then, how do you get people into the stadium then into their seats? Cancel the first 5 seats of each row so people can walk up/down the aisle. 3/4 rows apart then 6 seats on each row apart.

You get a complimentary bucket and hazmat suit on entry to the stadium

I don’t know about that. Bundesliga reporting their players aren’t working as hard in games as they usually would.

Fewer tackles, fewer dribbles, fewer sprints, more passing, and while around the same distances are being run they’re run at less intensity.

That’s why the games are absolutely shit and why I’m not arsed about watching them when they start back up again.

I agree. The French dealt with it in the correct manner IMHO. Trouble is that the PL is worth tons more TV money than Ligue 1 and therefore common sense (and safety) seems to have gone out of the window. I haven't got any enthusiasm for restarting the season the way things are right now. Televised football played at half pace in empty soulless stadia ? No thanks.

Absolutely no enthusiasm for this, the premier league or champions league in this format. A three month break, empty stadiums, games crammed in. It's shite and everyone involved know it's shite. Football is finished if no fans are allowed to attend for the foreseeable future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.