Positive news about Corona Virus Updates

Its also kinda irrelevant to us too tbf. Great for the people of South Korea, but for us it'd be comparing apples and oranges. Given the state of political discourse over here currently and all the relaxing of restrictions (whether we agree with them or not, it's huge news) plus the awful scenes in America, it's pretty obvious why 'South Korea is *still* handling this pandemic excellently' isn't headline news here.

If the 79 infections on Thursday were relevant enough to scare us all to shit, the 27 today should be relevant enough to tell us its possibly under control - but still advising caution. That's all that's needed here, can bet a good chunk of the population here will be talking to their families and friends today about how it's spiralling rapidly out of control in Korea a,nd in fairness, they haven't been told otherwise.

Extract: "... what happens in the next few weeks is not going to have a great impact in terms of triggering a rebound – because the population is protected to some extent by immunity ..."

Interesting article.
The bit about Germans maybe having more immunity than brits (immunological dark matter) might be the reason far less Germans have died is the first time I’ve heard about that.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2...logical-dark-matter?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah, me too @somapop. There will be political reasons, guaranteed, but acknowledging how this is spread across the world in both developed and impoverished society's, it's my completely uneducated opinion that genetics must play some sort of factor no matter how little.

18 new infections in Scotland today, very low testing number of 1400 mind you.

There were 19 new infections in Ayrshire alone yesterday, to put that figure into some kind of context. From I think around 2200 tests nationwide.

Spain has recorded its lowest number of new infections in almost three months, with 96 new cases reported on Sunday. Just two deaths were recorded.

BBC

Good news - I have been able to listen to a re-run of the ICC World Cup Final on 5Live Sports Extra in real time - the Super Over is about to start its been brilliant - who wants football back - its hot its sunny and I can listen to cricket, a game I know we win in proper 93;20 fashion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.