Bradford City Fire

Cheers for the kind words always a sad day going down to the memorial ..........heartbreaking it really is ...........

Thoughts with the victims of this tragedy. The football family has not shown sufficient support to this who perished that day. RIP

@Mike Cledford posted this in the main forum. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

Just over 35 years ago 56 Bradford City fans went not only to watch a match but to watch their team receive their league trophy. These 56 did not return. Most were fans who had followed their club through thick and thin for a long time. The media seemed to miss the anniversary year after year.
I would like to draw Blue Mooners' attention to this sad event affecting fellow football fans.

If there was a thread on the anniversary I missed it. My bad. But the contrast with another anniversary from about the same time couldn’t be clearer.

Last edited:
Since this, always had, and always will have a soft spot for Bradford City, as far as I'm aware, they've always conducted themselves with dignity and class, never once trying to milk it, an horrendous heartbreaking tragedy, I know people who worked that day, and the aftermath, they still have nightmare's to this day.

R.I.P to all those who perished, and my very best wishes to those left behind to deal with it, respect !

My brother was at the match. He was a student at Bradford Uni at the time. I always remember he had the good sense to phone his Mam to let her know he was alright. The thing is, when he was in the ground, away from the fire he had little realisation of what was happening.

A true loss of genuine football fans, it is sad that the press are not interested in reminding people of this tragedy.

@Mike Cledford posted this in the main forum. I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

If there was a thread on the anniversary I missed it. My bad. But the contrast with another anniversary from about the same time couldn’t be clearer.
There were a couple of other threads, so have merged them all together to keep everything in one place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.