COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I rarely see them in Manchester city centre being worn by anyone other than international students. I always feel like the odd one out when I put one on to go to the shop. Vast majority aren't covering their faces at all. I'd be surprised if 1% of the country are.
I have been wearing them in shops for around a month or slightly longer now and I would say it's one in 15 wearing them and bizarrely I have only seen one shop worker wear any sort of face covering and he was Italian. Oddly I did spot one till operator wearing fingerless gloves! Again though people on here and in the media moaning about why the government wasn't telling us to wear a face covering and when eventually they suggest wearing them in shops and other indoor settings, hardly anyone does.

I have been wearing them in shops for around a month or slightly longer now and I would say it's one in 15 wearing them and bizarrely I have only seen one shop worker wear any sort of face covering and he was Italian. Oddly I did spot one till operator wearing fingerless gloves! Again though people on here and in the media moaning about why the government wasn't telling us to wear a face covering and when eventually they suggest wearing them in shops and other indoor settings, hardly anyone does.

To be fair, they barely mentioned it. It was mumbled once, and hasn't really been repeated anywhere since. They've not pushed it to any extent at all. Blink and you'd miss it kind of stuff. This one lad was saying to me the other day that he thought masks were dangerous as the CMO and others kept saying there was no proof they could work ('weak science'), and he'd read that it could actually make you inhale more of the virus if it gets caught in your mask. He wasn't being rude or owt, just genuinely had no idea. I'd wager most don't.

Incidently all door handles, door push plates, lift buttons, road crossing buttons and surrounding button facias should be made from copper, brass, cupronickel or chromium as viruses and bacteria would be killed within an hour without the need for being disinfected.
Nickel could also be used but 17% of women and 3% of men (average 10%) are hypersensitive to this metal so why it is used as the outer coating of 5p and 10p coins since 2012 is beyond me.

Anyway a micro texture can now be etched into these metal surfaces with a laser that can that can decrease kill time to a couple of minutes.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200409162308.htm

Last edited:
Yes but it's a vascular disease that first effects blood vessels in the lungs. That is how my daughter describes it anyway.
Well it's a bit of a semantic exercise but it appears to be a respiratory disease with vascular manifestations in some cases to me rather than a primary vascular disease.

Heparin isn't new. Front line medics have been dishing it out in higher quantities than usual for Covid-19 for over a month now. Perhaps they're searching for the optimal dose.
The link suggests it's nebulised heparin bring trialled which is not in widespread use I suspect.

Well it's a bit of a semantic exercise but it appears to be a respiratory disease with vascular manifestations in some cases to me rather than a primary vascular disease.
Hey, I'm only giving a medics opinion second hand.

Saw on here a few days ago that Lothian nhs workers had been offered to take part in the Oxford vaccine trials ,saw my daughter yesterday and she said she been offered but decided not to, some had decided to take part. My point though is the last 2 days have seen positives only go up by 9 in total, so any trial in Lothian is going to take months unless infections pick up to know if it works.
Surely at some point they will need to trial somewhere that still has high rates, to get good results from their trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.