Fast cars in Alderley Edge

Probably drive through Alderley about 12 times a week with work. Coincidentally in pretty much every version of the cars in the article causing the issues.

However I don't live there so must bow to your local knowledge of the severity of the issue.
I can sit outside one of the bars for hours, never noticed it was a problem, I think the drivers in Wilmslow are worse.

Once cars are off the property they tend not to fall under the statutory nuisance remit and once on a public highway it’s the police who should/can act. Btw I’m chuckling a bit as I used to work there!
Seriously if you ever think that they have not done their Legal duty, go to the local government ombudsman.

Thanks for the pointer... I was heading that way until they eventually did their legal duty. It took seven months of constant complaints from several residents to get EH to act and stop the noise. Long, long story, but I was really disappointed by EH's attitude. Mainly, I'm just glad the noise was finally stopped, haven't the will to enter the complaints process. Apparently I have to exhaust the complaints process at CEC before I can involve the ombudsman?

Come to Tameside we have a budget version of this. Since the so called lockdown it has been more popular. It’s like the budget Grand Prix round here at the moment. Plenty of Vauxhall Novas, Ford Focus, Corsa and Hondas civics ragging it round all night. Occasionally I have noticed the police joining in too in their Astras

All those Bentleys and Rollers have bloody big engines, so they ought to be fairly rapid. Their acceleration mightn't be Bugatti-like, though!
My eldest daughter used to work for Bentley on the motorsport side, and has driven (not in races) their Continental GT (GT3 spec) round most of the race tracks on the European circuit. At around 550bhp, and over a tonne lighter than the road car, it can shift!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.