United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like basketballs , do the Dippers have a basketball team ? If they have , is it as shite as their women's "soccer" team.
Many years ago, the rags bought Manchester Giants. The idea was to create a multi sport club along the lines of Barca. It failed because, after the purchase, their crowds halved. Wonder why?

Many years ago, the rags bought Manchester Giants. The idea was to create a multi sport club along the lines of Barca. It failed because, after the purchase, their crowds halved. Wonder why?

Much like their womans team. They thought they would win everything, sponsors would be queueing up and fans would flock to the games. When none of this happened they quietly scrapped the team. It was only when they managed to push through a salary cap did they start one up again. The salary cap also meant the best talent went abroad and so helped them further by levelling the playing field to their advantage. I mean, just because City, Arsenal, Chelsea had done the hard slog and pushed for the womans game to be recognised and supported why should they have an advantage over Yoonitid ?

Much like their womans team. They thought they would win everything, sponsors would be queueing up and fans would flock to the games. When none of this happened they quietly scrapped the team. It was only when they managed to push through a salary cap did they start one up again. The salary cap also meant the best talent went abroad and so helped them further by levelling the playing field to their advantage. I mean, just because City, Arsenal, Chelsea had done the hard slog and pushed for the womans game to be recognised and supported why should they have an advantage over Yoonitid ?
Could be worse, they could be treated YNWA as per the Liverpool women’s team - they aren’t allowed to use the men’s facilities, play at tranmere, no real investment in recent years- compared to city, Chelsea and now united - (despite having shirt sponsor deal different to men’s team - though maybe that’s more of an indication of how they are treated!), many players left them in the past few seasons due to them only paying part time wages IIRC... ending with their enforced (albeit they disputed it) relegation this season.

I think Orange Donald would make a great Rag manager, when he is kicked out in November I might start a campaign to get him the job,
He’d probably turn in into a pitch and put. Not sure if anyone would notice the difference.

This morning on SSN Charlie Nicholas went up in my estimation. Firstly he pointed out that Fernandes had only played a handful of games so it is far too early to judge him. However, he then said that people had been saying utd will have pogba back and would be stronger for this. His view on this was that he did not see it as utd have only improved with pogba out the side.

Later I had /talksport on and whoever was presenting it said "mctominey has blossomed into a world class player over the last 3-4 months". Is this because he hasnt played during this time and utd players always get better when not playing. The pogba effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.