Jayden Braaf joins Borussia Dortmund on a permanent deal

The men are running a story about his disappointment at not being called up to the first team, also says its alerted clubs in Germany and Holland who want to sign him.

I fear already that he is another top talent we will lose, what is the point in any of these kids signing for us when they don't get the opportunity?
Why did we invest in the academy?

It's always hard with the kids who are 9/10 at youth level, as they expect to get chances before they're even 18.

Sancho has set a precedent but rarely do players go and perform immediately in the way he has. Look at Brahim, Dilrosun and Matondo.

Is he in the Sancho bracket? Who knows but Pep knows better than anyone.

The men are running a story about his disappointment at not being called up to the first team, also says its alerted clubs in Germany and Holland who want to sign him.

I fear already that he is another top talent we will lose, what is the point in any of these kids signing for us when they don't get the opportunity?
Really worried by our inability to keep hold of some of these talents but the academy was turning a profit from the fees and sell on clauses.

You invest because one day you might get a couple that are good enough e.g. Foden and Garcia.

You invest because one day you might get a couple that are good enough e.g. Foden and Garcia.

I'm fully aware of why we have an academy, the fact still remains if the ones who are good enough dont get into the first team properly (not just the odd cup appearance) why will anyone want to be in our academy?

I'm fully aware of why we have an academy, the fact still remains if the ones who are good enough dont get into the first team properly (not just the odd cup appearance) why will anyone want to be in our academy?
And yet they keep coming.

Perhaps City and the young lads know what they're doing?

Id argue they are clearly not good enough, you do understand the level they have to be at to get anywhere near our first team? Pep is not running a charity and will hand out appearences for the sake of it.

We offer youngsters world class facilities and schooling (depending on age). Having City on their CV is going to help them in the future.

Top class facilities and training , chance with us but if not get noticed and have a career in football at a high level. Apart from that can’t think of anything.

Because they will gain experience in world class facilities, coaching, education, a high profile putting them in the world wide shop window. Most will go on to decent careers. Only 25 players, out of all the players in the world, can be in a PL winning squad at a time, just think of the numbers to see what a challenge that is. If at 16 or 17 they want to play regularly they should go somewhere else unless they are Messi standard at that age. It's just like school/life, there are limited top jobs and only a very few go all the way to the top, but that doesn't stop the vast majority aspiring to get as far as they can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.