Game of Thrones (season 8)

Ahh, if the cast were not game then yeah that certainly puts a spanner in the works.

I bet in a few years some of them start to think "i should have stayed at it with GoT" as they are opening a Kwik save in Urmston xD
On Love Island in the CBB house shouting"I'm a celebrity..."

I found a pic of her with Harry. It must be a few years old. ; )

Gwendoline-Christie-039So-hard039-Game-of-Thrones%E2%80%99-Brienne-of-Tarth.jpg
There are some more interesting pictures of Gwendoline available.
I told my mate.

You would think Kit Harrington would have done ok and Rob Stark (not sure of the blokes name) but Harrington's hollywood escapades have largely fallen flat. Dark Phoenix is apparently terrible if you believe the leaks from production so Sophie Turner could be on thin ice to.

It may "make" a couple of them or at least help them kick on to a decent middling career but no signs so far of the tv star being carried over to film. Obviously there are a few who were already sorted in their career, Tywin Lannister for a quick example.
Robb Stark aka Richard Madden was the dude in Bodyguard, sweating with Keeley Hawes.
Touted as a future Bond.

No doubt doubt a few on the forum will be over the moon at me giving this thread a bump, but I really have nowhere else to turn. I was excited by @TCIB 's thread on Women of GOT when I first looked but was crestfallen to discover 90% of the visuals are now reduced to a 'Tinypic no longer available' message.
I do appreciate there's nothing worse in a thread than a JCL, who rocks up and posts, 'so what have I missed then?' However, having just spend most of the last 2 months watching all 73 fucking episodes or whatever it was, I have genuine withdrawal symptoms, and I am really searching for answers, and I think it will take me another 73 hours to read all 109 pages in this thread if the answers are there. I have read the first few, and the most regular posters, who I'm guessing are GoT experts, seem to be: @7evens (new name now?) @inchy14 @Exeter Blue I am here @MarsLlama @asaluttar (gone too?) and @jimharri (but not in a good way).
So guys, daft questions from a newbie but.. last episode:
1. Why did Dany not just take her dragon straight to the Royal quarters and fry Cersei, why did she have to destroy a whole city of innocents before she got there? Yeah, ok, some advisors had died and she was upset (Jorah and Missandei), but why didn't she listen to Tyrion, Snow etc, and why did she go off on a bender? Just seemed the most illogical thing in the whole programme.
2. So the dragon doesn't just burn King's Landing but demolishes/destroys every building? Er, ok. Was the dragon breathing fire or missiles?
Answers welcome.

No doubt doubt a few on the forum will be over the moon at me giving this thread a bump, but I really have nowhere else to turn. I was excited by @TCIB 's thread on Women of GOT when I first looked but was crestfallen to discover 90% of the visuals are now reduced to a 'Tinypic no longer available' message.
I do appreciate there's nothing worse in a thread than a JCL, who rocks up and posts, 'so what have I missed then?' However, having just spend most of the last 2 months watching all 73 fucking episodes or whatever it was, I have genuine withdrawal symptoms, and I am really searching for answers, and I think it will take me another 73 hours to read all 109 pages in this thread if the answers are there. I have read the first few, and the most regular posters, who I'm guessing are GoT experts, seem to be: @7evens (new name now?) @inchy14 @Exeter Blue I am here @MarsLlama @asaluttar (gone too?) and @jimharri (but not in a good way).
So guys, daft questions from a newbie but.. last episode:
1. Why did Dany not just take her dragon straight to the Royal quarters and fry Cersei, why did she have to destroy a whole city of innocents before she got there? Yeah, ok, some advisors had died and she was upset (Jorah and Missandei), but why didn't she listen to Tyrion, Snow etc, and why did she go off on a bender? Just seemed the most illogical thing in the whole programme.
2. So the dragon doesn't just burn King's Landing but demolishes/destroys every building? Er, ok. Was the dragon breathing fire or missiles?
Answers welcome.

After 7 seasons it was the greatest television series of all time IMO. After 8, it was an anti-climatic disaster, to the point that over a year on I haven’t watched a single episode again, not even Battle of the Bastards or Hardhome, two of the greatest hours of TV watching you could otherwise wish to see. And if the final season was well below standard, then the final episode was a fucking train wreck. Bran suddenly back on planet Earth (or Westeros) and declared leader of a fledgling democracy, Arya just shuffles off, Jon Snow gets “banished” to a land that doesn’t even exist anymore cos the wall’s gone, Cersei dies in a fucking roof fall, and Danaerys turns into a lunatic inside 2 episodes. The final season should have had 10 episodes like the rest and continued with the detailed storylines of the previous 7 seasons, but instead the producers tried to cram everything into 6 and tied up the final episode in about 2 seconds flat. Anyway, don’t talk to me about it. I’m still pissed off!

1. Why did Dany not just take her dragon straight to the Royal quarters and fry Cersei, why did she have to destroy a whole city of innocents before she got there? Yeah, ok, some advisors had died and she was upset (Jorah and Missandei), but why didn't she listen to Tyrion, Snow etc, and why did she go off on a bender? Just seemed the most illogical thing in the whole programme. She was a Targaryen and, like her father before her, became mentally unhinged.
Answers welcome.The amount of highly incendiary wildfire around the city would have contributed considerably.

After 7 seasons it was the greatest television series of all time IMO. After 8, it was an anti-climatic disaster, to the point that over a year on I haven’t watched a single episode again, not even Battle of the Bastards or Hardhome, two of the greatest hours of TV watching you could otherwise wish to see. And if the final season was well below standard, then the final episode was a fucking train wreck. Bran suddenly back on planet Earth (or Westeros) and declared leader of a fledgling democracy, Arya just shuffles off, Jon Snow gets “banished” to a land that doesn’t even exist anymore cos the wall’s gone, Cersei dies in a fucking roof fall, and Danaerys turns into a lunatic inside 2 episodes. The final season should have had 10 episodes like the rest and continued with the detailed storylines of the previous 7 seasons, but instead the producers tried to cram everything into 6 and tied up the final episode in about 2 seconds flat. Anyway, don’t talk to me about it. I’m still pissed off!

Cheers buddy, well I appreciate your reply anyway, and I’m glad to know it’s not just me. Sorry for bringing it up!

@1961_vintage
Thanks for your reply pal.
1 i can kind of see but I think it’s a lame reasoning for her transformation, but I’m guessing it is the reason the writers would use to justify what happened tbf.
2 not sure what you are on about really

@1961_vintage
Thanks for your reply pal.
1 i can kind of see but I think it’s a lame reasoning for her transformation, but I’m guessing it is the reason the writers would use to justify what happened tbf.
2 not sure what you are on about really

Lame for sure - it was totally shite (although the theory is a good one - ie she was the mad king Aerys of her generation from a tainted family born of incest).

Wildfire was a substance developed by the maesters - a bit like napalm - and used by Tyrion Lannister and Cersei Lannister previously for example. There was a lot of it stored in the underground tunnels and dungeons around the city. Add the dragons and kaboom.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.