Goalkeeper

Does anyone know how many keepers we have from 17/18 years of age and upwards. I recall a list of them somewhere and we had 6 or 7 including Steffen and Muric on loan.
We have plenty of depth but are they content to play 2nd fiddle to Ederson.
I am not sure if Steffen has qualified to play with us yet.
Don’t know but haven’t we just signed a 16 year old highly rated keeper from Ajax if I remember rightly.

edit Utrecht
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/man...-blues-continue-to/1afj7upcapn501mb342b1x10al

Last edited:
Yes I think there is a chance that Stefan could replace him in 12 months time. Not watched him properly but his shot stopping is amazing his kicking looks amazing. Only thing I have seen him do like Ederson is come off his line or rather come towards the half way like to tackle a player or receive the ball. (And it sometimes goes wrong ) Would make great financial sense if Stefan was to improve a bit more to sell Edderson in 12 months Steffan is like 18 months younger Edderson has a higher profile

I’m with you on this one - Steffen already looks like a better shot-stopper, and very good with his feet; I can see him eclipsing Ederson within a year.

Ederson has been found out IMO, in the way Fabian Barthez was after his first season; people enjoy the novelty of his left foot, his sweeping and his madness, but with the defence/midfield screen declining/downgraded he’s been asked to make saves he shouldn’t this year (the sign of a great keeper) and failed to do so, as well as some proper howlers. Barthez in United’s shambolic defence post-Stam was exposed for the clown he really was, and Ederson is on the cusp of that category.

I’m with you on this one - Steffen already looks like a better shot-stopper, and very good with his feet; I can see him eclipsing Ederson within a year.

Ederson has been found out IMO, in the way Fabian Barthez was after his first season; people enjoy the novelty of his left foot, his sweeping and his madness, but with the defence/midfield screen declining/downgraded he’s been asked to make saves he shouldn’t this year (the sign of a great keeper) and failed to do so, as well as some proper howlers. Barthez in United’s shambolic defence post-Stam was exposed for the clown he really was, and Ederson is on the cusp of that category.
Fooling nobody, nobhead.

What a load of shit

Ederson is a unique goalkeeper, he is Taylor made for our style of football we need him and he needs us just as much .
I cannot imagine him playing his style in any other team, and I can't imagine any other team changing their complete style of football to accommodate him, it would cost that team millions and millions to find players that could play with his style of football . Any goalkeeper that fancies taking the no1 shirt from Eddie needs to model themselves on him simple as that.

can this wanker not be banned already?!

Ages and contract expiry sourced from transfrmarkt

Slicker (17, Sep 2002), Trafford (17, Oct 2002) are with the 18s. Bazunu (18, Feb 2002), Moulden (18, Jan 2002) and Scott (19, Oct 2000) are with the 23s.
Diogo Pinto (15, Jun 2004) from Sporting and Mikki Van Sas (16, Feb 2004) from Utrecht, so you'd assume by their ages they'd be in line to be joining a side younger than the 18s or the 18s.

Grimshaw (2021) and Muric (2024) are back from loans (Muric didnt extend with Forest) and Steffen (2023) is still with Dusseldorf.

Then we've got Ederson (2025), Bravo (2020), Carson (2020 - but will be a free agent) in the first team.

Ederson is a unique goalkeeper, he is Taylor made for our style of football we need him and he needs us just as much .
I cannot imagine him playing his style in any other team, and I can't imagine any other team changing their complete style of football to accommodate him, it would cost that team millions and millions to find players that could play with his style of football . Any goalkeeper that fancies taking the no1 shirt from Eddie needs to model themselves on him simple as that.

Look at some clips of Zack and you will see his distribution is very Edderson like

And there is a clip of him coming out and making an Edderson style sliding tackle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.