City’s New Kits - 2020/21 - [Old Thread]

Puma have done a great job, love or hate it, city fan or other people will talk about it, they are very different from anything anyone else is doing, all this stuff about it's not a city kit is so off the mark is total bullshit, our club is so different from any other club in world football, look how we are run, look at how the city group has grown nobody is doing things like city, we are unique, we deserve unique kits, embrace the vision, my bro inlaw is a top end fashion designer, I will talk to him, he might not like the kits but he will be able to see the vision behind it,
Speech over

Must be that strong coffee I'm having, haha
Standard marketing gospel.
Whatever it is, make sure you're known for something.
Us: rubbish kit design
Elsewhere...
original.jpg

Jimmy-Savile-in-2006-007.jpg

the-totally-friday-quiz-players-vs-fans-edition-2.jpg

That's was a really great and really City kit, but what about all the next?...ps...by the way,Puma respects NUFC history , by making this kit...
Some people like some , some liked others, some didn’t. That’s what happens with different designs. Those that want a plain traditional one got the anniversary kit. Some that like the traditional like the new ones too and bought both. Some get worked up over it some aren’t arsed.
When the players wore them on the pitch most weren’t bothered either way. It was ever thus or at least for the last 30 years. Every year we repeat the same thread and will be back next spring .

In your opinion.

In my opinion:

2019/20 home and away both looked great and I can understand why they have a fluorescent third kit to sell to the kids.

2020/21 home kit is a bit weird but will probably look good on the players, away looks decent and is linked to the city and the third will be one that’s popular with “football fashion” fans.

“Abomination” is a huge exaggeration.

For decades many fans have been puzzled as to what was missing from a sky blue shirt to make it look really great. Who knew it was a bit of pointless purple stuck on the shoulders. Yeah it was a great kit loads of neutrals have said so, I have never heard that myself, I have never heard it second hand either but I’m sure it’s out there.

How good is that Man City home kit pal, haven’t seen it yet is it really good? Yeah purple on the shoulders, fuck me sounds gorgeous.

Dreadful selection of kits, the least worst is the home kit but they are all far too fussy. It's like some of those horrendous Umbro kits from the 80's with the hideous patterns. All this heritage pap. I can't stand paisley patterns. What's so effin difficult about designing a kit that the majority of fans will like?
The home kit is actually decent enough if they'd made the egg shell/mosaic etc etc less obvious. Rant over.

Dreadful selection of kits, the least worst is the home kit but they are all far too fussy. It's like some of those horrendous Umbro kits from the 80's with the hideous patterns. All this heritage pap. I can't stand paisley patterns. What's so effin difficult about designing a kit that the majority of fans will like?
The home kit is actually decent enough if they'd made the egg shell/mosaic etc etc less obvious. Rant over.

Why would everyone like a jersey? We all dress differently. Variety is the spice of life.

I’d like to see the new home jersey in person but I’m liking it so far. I don’t like our current one because I don’t recognise maroon on a home shirt.

All about opinons, for me:

2019/20 Home - nice style, just hate the purple - it has no place on a City home kit! Away kit is lovely, very nice – Third is awful too, but appeals to kids so I can understand the design.

The leaked 2020/21 home – looks bad, there have been fan made versions with darker 'grouting' that look a million times better – ultimately it will look better on the players, but still a poor effort... nice idea badly done! The away looks really smart - like that... but that third kit... no 'Abomination' is not an exaggeration when describing the images we've seen so far... in fact, I feel that's a bit reserved! Also, as others have said before - the third kits are usually a bit wacky or colourful to appeal to kids, but can't see kids going too mad for something that looks like their great grandma's bed sheets.
Ultimately third kits i'm not too arsed about, but as a whole not been impressed with Puma so far - six kits in and two decent (not counting the charity shield shirt, which was lovely - should have worn blue socks though - as it wasn't a proper kit).
Puma’s not that bad, there’s some decent ones out there. Ultimately, its the clubs that decide on which kit they want.

I’m in an Italian football shirt today and that’s Puma. It fits well and is simple enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.