F1 Season 2020.

I've never seen a race but after watching Drive to Survive on Netflix I think I might like it. I follow City, Phillies baseball and Penn State wrestling religiously but that's about it as far as sports go so I think I can shoehorn in one more sport w/o them taking up too much time.

Not sure about picking a driver/team though. I guess it'd be cool if Haas has some success since they're American and Guenther Steiner seems like a crazy person.

Season to start with two race weekends on July 3rd-5th and 10th-12th in Austria...

Confirmed calendar;

July 5 Austrian GP - Spielberg

July 12 Steiermark GP - Spielberg

July 19 Hungarian GP - Budapest

August 2 British GP - Silverstone

August 9 70th Anniversary GP - Silverstone

August 16 Spanish GP - Barcelona

August 30 Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps

September 6 Italian GP - Monza

F1 says more races will be confirmed soon, with hopes to complete a 15 to 18-race season. Several other European circuits have been mooted as possible additional rounds too. These include Portimao, in Portugal's Algarve, Germany's Hockenheim and Imola, another Italian track, which has been off the calendar since 2006.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...o-and-the-latest-on-the-sports-calendar-plans

Driver line-ups are the same, apart from Ocon replacing The Hulk at Renault and Latifi for Kubica at Williams.

Vettel is leaving Ferrari at the end of the season, surprise, surprise, being replaced by Sainz. There's talk of Alonso coming back to Renault next season to replace Ricciardo, who's got Carlos Sainz seat at Mclaren. Vettel could go to Merc but looking likely to not get any decent seat.

Really looking forward to this returning, possibly more than the football tbh. Maybe it's because I'm used to watching on TV anyway, whereas football I'd be there, for home games anyway...? That and it being weird that league football's being played in the summer!?

Been watching loads of old full races on YT, and Sky have been re-showing last season too, which has been good and scratched an itch. I'd forgotten what happened in a few, especially Hungary last year when Lewis is chasing down Max and I couldn't remember who won... Germany, Austria and Spa were great races too.

For any other F1 nerds, here's Ted's latest notebook with latest news and how they are going to manage "The New Normal"

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/12007926/the-notebook-ted-on-f1s-new-normal

God remember testing in Barcelona? That seems like a lifetime ago. Where the biggest concern we had was whether Mercedes would be allowed to use that new feature on their steering wheel.
Looking forward to this restarting. Even if I am missing my trip to Silverstone this year it will still be good to have it back.

God remember testing in Barcelona? That seems like a lifetime ago. Where the biggest concern we had was whether Mercedes would be allowed to use that new feature on their steering wheel.
Looking forward to this restarting. Even if I am missing my trip to Silverstone this year it will still be good to have it back.

Will be interesting to see what additional circuits gets added to the championship would love to see Imola back to host a round.

Will be interesting to see what additional circuits gets added to the championship would love to see Imola back to host a round.

Yeh I've been wondering where they are going to get another half dozen or so races from to make it a World Championship season. I cant see any of the North or South American ones being able to host and weather will be a factor if they host any more in Europe after the confirmed ones.

Yeh I've been wondering where they are going to get another half dozen or so races from to make it a World Championship season. I cant see any of the North or South American ones being able to host and weather will be a factor if they host any more in Europe after the confirmed ones.
So what? Wet races are great fun!

Although there are possibilities...

What's the plan beyond Europe?
Seven events on the original 2020 calendar have now been cancelled outright for this year - Australia, Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Monaco, France, Singapore and Japan - while uncertainty remains over some of the sport's other flyaway events in Asia and the Americas.

As a result, a double-header in Russia is now under serious consideration. A back-to-back at China's Shanghai International Circuit has also been discussed, although any such plan is understood to be dependent on Vietnam's inaugural street race in Hanoi not taking place this year.

A decision on Vietnam's event is expected within the next week.

F1 remains confident of piecing together a season of between 15 and 18 races, with the expectation that the campaign will conclude in December in the Middle East.

Bahrain is set to prove 2020's penultimate destination before the season concludes in Abu Dhabi... F1 motorsports chief Ross Brawn has said that Sakhir's outer circuit configuration - which is nearly an oval in its layout - could be considered too if required.

"One of the nice attractions of Bahrain is it has many configurations, so we could go to Bahrain and race on two different tracks there," Brawn told the official F1 website.

Can't wait for the return of F1 on Sunday, really excited about what's in store. If Ferrari have a good car then I can see Leclerc pushing Hamilton all the way. Also want to see how Verstappen has improved and, car permitting, wonder if he can mount a title challenge.

I'll be supporting Hamilton but will also be rooting for Lando Norris and George Russell.

Really looking forward to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.