Last Film You Saw

Not sure the scientific accuracy (or lack of) is vital here. It's not a documentary, it's a Hollywood film, a bit of harmless escapism.

Not having a pop at you, by the way!
I think it sells science, lines like “let’s science the shit out of this” suggest that. When you do that you should get the science right. There are many examples of bad and good science in films, but I agree that entertainment and escapism are more important.

I've heard good things about some of his others which I've never seen.

Prince of Darkness
And
In the mouth of madness
If you like Stephen King, you’ll love In the Mouth of Madness.

Prince of Darkness was a bit too nerdy for my liking but it does have some creepy scenes.

Halloween is my favourite Carpenter film, with The Thing and The Fog making up my top three.

I think it sells science, lines like “let’s science the shit out of this” suggest that. When you do that you should get the science right. There are many examples of bad and good science in films, but I agree that entertainment and escapism are more important.

Listened to Neil Degrasse Tyson the other night, whether he was blowing his own trumpet because he was a consultant, I’m not sure, however, he provided the science for Ted (yes the Seth Mcfarlane film) and believes it to be the most accurate physics synopsis on film!

Listened to Neil Degrasse Tyson the other night, whether he was blowing his own trumpet because he was a consultant, I’m not sure, however, he provided the science for Ted (yes the Seth Mcfarlane film) and believes it to be the most accurate physics synopsis on film!
Is this what he was on about?
Neil deGrasse Tyson
@neiltyson

·
Jul 2, 2012

Just saw Ted.
@SethMacFarlane
cared enough to get the night sky over Boston correct. The rest of the movie must also be real.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.