Tosin Adarabioyo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care what you suggest.

That's fine, just know that saying "I haven't actually seen him play but here's my opinion of why he's not good enough (from the time he played out of position last year)" makes you sound like an idiot.

That's fine, just know that saying "I haven't actually seen him play but here's my opinion of why he's not good enough (from the time he played out of position last year)" makes you sound like an idiot.

Whereas you saying he would be playing for City soon, three years ago, was a touch of football genius.

Whereas you saying he would be playing for City soon, three years ago, was a touch of football genius.
Genius or not, that is atleast a comment made by someone who watched him play.

Also at City, his vision and passing are absolutely necessary for us, I don't know why you don't think that's important considering our coach is Pep.

Him packing on muscle simply means he's stronger to handle challenges from stronger players, which is an asset. Not game changer, but necessary for his development nonetheless.

Work colleague is a Rovers fan and rates him highly. I like the look of him and hopefully he will get a chance at City again next season.

Genius or not, that is atleast a comment made by someone who watched him play.

Also at City, his vision and passing are absolutely necessary for us, I don't know why you don't think that's important considering our coach is Pep.

Him packing on muscle simply means he's stronger to handle challenges from stronger players, which is an asset. Not game changer, but necessary for his development nonetheless.

I was pretty open about not seeing his development this season,hence i was interested in reading others who have. but it sounds an amazing transformation. I am very happy for him and City. I watched him alot at youth level, and most games he played at West Brom. There was many flaws in his defensive game, that is why he couldn't get a game at centre half for West Brom.
If has some have said those flaws have been eradicated, great..
As for his vision and passing, I did not say that they were not important, they are. But for a Centre back there are equally or more important attributes, that is why they are called Centre backs.
I outlined those weaknesses a few years ago at youth level, Pep or others at City must have agreed and hence a 20 grand a week player was sent out on loan.
As regards "muscle" hmmm, that can be detrimental , but I had better not get into somatotyping and football, I don't get a good reaction to that.

I was pretty open about not seeing his development this season,hence i was interested in reading others who have. but it sounds an amazing transformation. I am very happy for him and City. I watched him alot at youth level, and most games he played at West Brom. There was many flaws in his defensive game, that is why he couldn't get a game at centre half for West Brom.
If has some have said those flaws have been eradicated, great..
As for his vision and passing, I did not say that they were not important, they are. But for a Centre back there are equally or more important attributes, that is why they are called Centre backs.
I outlined those weaknesses a few years ago at youth level, Pep or others at City must have agreed and hence a 20 grand a week player was sent out on loan.
As regards "muscle" hmmm, that can be detrimental , but I had better not get into somatotyping and football, I don't get a good reaction to that.
Fair. Mind you, as mentioned by another poster, he played right back mostly at west brom and it was his first stint playing against adults, seeing clear improvement and hearing blackburn fans talk about him should give more insight as well if you haven't seen him this season.

As for muscle, I agree that packing on muscle can potentially be a detriment, but this is usually in regards to speed for which isn't super important for a center back.

Also you saw him in the academy (as did I), he was a tooth pick, when I say he added muscle, I mean he added muscle to look "normal adult" sized now. If you look at his pics now vs back then (and ignore height), his width basically goes from a teenager to an adult. I think it was important for him to do that.

For those writing off Tosin remeber that at a similar age Van Dyke had just joined Celtic and was playing against glorified pub players most of the time. Tosin has time on his side and the physical attributes to be an outstanding CB for us.

I am a big fan of Tosin but for me the best thing we can do with him is sell him with a buy back clause, in two years he may be good enough for us, i believe he could be but without first team experience he will not grow, as for VVD i watched him at Groningen and it was easy to see he was a top player, just think we payed £ 4 million less than Southampton did for VVD for Demichelis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.