Kalidou Koulibaly

We need two centre backs, if we bring in Koulibaly, Malang Sarr for free to go alongside Laporte and Garcia we are sorted for years.Harwood Bellis will be ready to go in the next couple of years to.
Sell Stones and Otamendi and I don’t think we will have to pay out that much money.

Our transfer policy has, in the main, been good. We have pursued younger players to fit a very distinct system and style of football. Sometimes, however, you just need ready-made quality to fill leadership and experience gaps. You also need to show your rivals and your fans that you mean business. Koulibaly would be a signing of tremendous intent, a message to all at the club that this season has been less than satisfactory defensively. In addition, the young lads like Garcia, Harwood-Bellis and Adarabioyo will develop much quicker with the likes of a Kompany/Koulibaly in the squad. It's not just what he brings to the team but what he brings to other individuals for them to be able to follow. Matip, Lovren and Gomez all look better players alongside Van Dijk. The last thing I should say is that if it is Pep's last year, he should be allowed to sign a player of this ilk to give him the chance of regaining the PL trophy. Ferguson was allowed an act of short-term indulgence when he signed Van Persie. There are so many reasons why this signing is right for us. There are times when you can be too clever trying to sign lesser-known players from more obscure leagues. Our needs are here and now and if it takes £72.5m to largely cure our defensive rot then it is a price worth paying.

All rumours of course till hes holding the shirt but presumably last night sealed the deal if not already for Pep that he simply cannot go into next season with our current centre backs. Its a big fee but if we win another two prem titles and whatever else then its worth it.

All rumours of course till hes holding the shirt but presumably last night sealed the deal if not already for Pep that he simply cannot go into next season with our current centre backs. Its a big fee but if we win another two prem titles and whatever else then its worth it.

I would be a bit sceptical with these rumours until we find out our fate with CAS. If the ban remains I cannot see us going for Koulibaly or him agreeing to come here (unless we offer him an excess amount of money). Hopefully it gets cleared and we can fix the holes in the team and get some fresh energy into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.