Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

Of course it is, because it is what I grew up with and saw, which suggests it is embedded in many people. I’m not sure how old you are, but such things, and their related songs, were common in the 70s and early 80s. I know that for a fact!

I’m painfully aware how liberal the UK CAN BE, yet I see (and have expressed here) how many liberties I see being surrender to liberal sensitivities. PC has run amok in the UK, and it is rapidly becoming not just a nanny state, but a police state.Brits always seem to have a “very good reason” for giving up liberties, because they appear to offend to some sliver of society. As the saying goes...and then they came for me!

My grandparents lived next to Maine Road (Horton Rd), so I am very familiar with Moss Side. My Dad ran the Solem & Serpent bars at Manchester Uni when he stopped playing football, so I can’t tell you the number of times I bounced between those two places, so I’m very familiar with what Moss Side was, and perhaps less so with how it is today, but I’m not sure things have changed much for the better.

I’m clearly at a disadvantage, as I pop over and don’t live there 24/7/365.Therefore, I will bow out because I’m using my observations from afar, which are insufficient to understand EXACTLY what is going on in the streets today. There is much to love about Britain, but I see less and less of it every time I come “home.”
I get quite depressed, England is not the England I left thirty odd years ago.
Those people on Bournemouth beach was very dispiriting.
What kind of people are they, leaving all that rubbish and breaking rules.... horrible.
I've never left a scrap of anything on a beach or a park. Wouldn't dream of it.

Plus the whole population of the UK seems to be at odds about everything. It just all seems like one big nasty hate fest.
Maybe 66 million on a small island is too much.

What kind of people are they, leaving all that rubbish and breaking rules.... horrible.

Plus the whole population of the UK seems to be at odds about everything. It just all seems like one big nasty hate fest.
maybe they need to discover some far off lands, colonize them, kill the natives and take over the place, throw in a bit of Christianity and Bob's your uncle

Page 20 in the recipe book -

Ingredients -

1 small space
1 large number of bellends.
Stir chaotically

Doesn't taste great tbf.

I assume this is a WUM. You do realise they 30 years ago gangland killings across Manchester were common place. Have a read of Peter Walsh’s book on Manchester Gang Wars if you need reminding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.