Neil Young

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
No not the City player, the Canadian one.
Any fans ?
He's just released his 1974 album Homegrown.
He recorded it just after On The Beach. But never released it till now.
Really nice laid back introspective songs like it's predecessor.
Recommended for fans of his.

Any fans ?
I like his songs...but I dont like his eco crusading hypocrisy.

Any fans ?

Love that era Neil Young and have given this album a few listens, it is very good, closer to Harvest for me than anything else. I thought it was slightly ironic that the reason given for not releasing this album at the time was that it was too personal and he released Tonight's the Night instead- or have I got my chronology wrong? I did think this was supposed to be the follow up to Harvest but could be wrong.

Anyway this album sits comfortably with anything from that era. I didn't keep up with his stuff rom around Live Rust onwards.

I do love his eco crusading. Would be interested to know where @Brightwells left peg gets the charge of hypocrisy from.

Love that era Neil Young and have given this album a few listens, it is very good, closer to Harvest for me than anything else. I thought it was slightly ironic that the reason given for not releasing this album at the time was that it was too personal and he released Tonight's the Night instead- or have I got my chronology wrong? I did think this was supposed to be the follow up to Harvest but could be wrong.

Anyway this album sits comfortably with anything from that era. I didn't keep up with his stuff rom around Live Rust onwards.

I do love his eco crusading. Would be interested to know where @Brightwells left peg gets the charge of hypocrisy from.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/entert...s+comfort+over+convictions/9406082/story.html

Any fans ?
Very much so although bizarrely this release has passed me by - can't wait to give it a go.

Cheers for the heads up.......

Unsure on the timeline but yeh sounds about right for Tonight's the Night.

Very 'unpolished' but I love it for it.

If this release is half the album Harvest is it will be right up there with my favourites........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.