Moss Side Shooting and Street Party

I assume this is a WUM. You do realise they 30 years ago gangland killings across Manchester were common place. Have a read of Peter Walsh’s book on Manchester Gang Wars if you need reminding.

@Tim of the Oak what is frightening about your post is that as I read it I disagreed with it, no way was it 30 years ago, total exaggeration ... except of course it wasn't, you could even say it was 40 years ago ! That is frightening. Moss Side, Cheetham Hill and several other areas were like Chicago in the 1930's with drive by shootings every single night. The Government, Manchester City council and of course local community leaders (especially them) have done amazing work in the 30 years since so that this incident is national news. Back then it would have barely made Look North.

@Tim of the Oak what is frightening about your post is that as I read it I disagreed with it, no way was it 30 years ago, total exaggeration ... except of course it wasn't, you could even say it was 40 years ago ! That is frightening. Moss Side, Cheetham Hill and several other areas were like Chicago in the 1930's with drive by shootings every single night. The Government, Manchester City council and of course local community leaders (especially them) have done amazing work in the 30 years since so that this incident is national news. Back then it would have barely made Look North.

I was watching the repeat of MacIntyre interviews with gangsters a few weeks back and Dessie Noonan claimed to have killed 27 people IIRC.

Cheetham Hill gangsters exported some of this violence too. “White Tony” was involved in violence at Chapeltown Carnival (Leeds) where 3 people died.

I can understand a few posters who emigrated for the UK 30 years ago looking back with rose tinted glasses but the sad Moss Side killings making the news may be a sign of progress, albeit it’s an horrific incident.

Also, peole further away might not realise that the lockdown has seen acts of kindness from millions of people, including volunteers. Bournemouth Beach, BLM protests and A range of parties make the news but that’s not a reflection of wider society

I was watching the repeat of MacIntyre interviews with gangsters a few weeks back and Dessie Noonan claimed to have killed 27 people IIRC.

Cheetham Hill gangsters exported some of this violence too. “White Tony” was involved in violence at Chapeltown Carnival (Leeds) where 3 people died.

I can understand a few posters who emigrated for the UK 30 years ago looking back with rose tinted glasses but the sad Moss Side killings making the news may be a sign of progress, albeit it’s an horrific incident.

Also, peole further away might not realise that the lockdown has seen acts of kindness from millions of people, including volunteers. Bournemouth Beach, BLM protests and A range of parties make the news but that’s not a reflection of wider society
That documentary was embarrassing

True mate. I’ve got a mate who stayed with Dominic around that time after somebody “allegedly” put a contract out on him. That’s a tale for the next Bluemooners gathering I reckon.
Every fucker around here knew The Noonans..............and Tony who got done in at The Penny Black

I assume this is a WUM. You do realise they 30 years ago gangland killings across Manchester were common place. Have a read of Peter Walsh’s book on Manchester Gang Wars if you need reminding.
Crime was through the roof in Manchester in the 80s and not just in the Moss (where I spent a a lot of my mispent teenage years) It's very quiet these days. Shootings were extremely common place. I knew someone (an innocent bystander and a City fan) who was wounded in a drive by shooting at the Caught on the Hop pub in Whalley Range. It was my local pub at one time... and not a place for the faint-hearted. I used to prefer the Big Alex and Little Alex.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.