Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see Sane go. I liked him and his style of play. In today’s market with different add ons it’s a decent deal. He’s gone now and we move on. As always. Players will pass through. That’s why I will never ever put a players name on my top.
I'm not sad to see Sane go mate. His sulking body language has never sat right and endeared himself to me, as good as he is, and he is top quality.

Give me blood sweat and tears, players who love this club. Give me Shaun Goater, Paul Dickov, Andy Morrison and the like. These players have earned their status in the halls of MCFC legends. None could have ever laced Sane's boots technically. But you know what, they are far more endearing to me than Sane has ever been. And now he's soon to be a has been.

Bye bye Leroy. You could have been a true club legend ..

Played in that position with his previous brazilian club which landed him gig with city. So not bad i’d say.
I like the guy but there is something missing in his game, self belief? not sure he will be here next season if CAS throw out the UEFA case.

He was our player and hadn't asked to leave at the time,bayden hadn't made an offer,pep didn't have a crystal ball,he had to prepare him for the season like everyone else
Everyone knew he was going to Bayern. They had not yet formalised a bid acceptable to City. We knew he didn’t want to stay, BM wanted him and he wanted to go there. Playing him in the CS only had downside risk for us. I think you’re being a little soft on Pep here. The decision to play him and the resultant injury has probably cost us 60m in transfer fee, wages & rehabilitation and medical expenses.

Don’t really give a shit, when all’s said and done.
£50mil is more than we paid for him so we made a profit, helped us to win trophies whilst he was here.
Not much we can do other than wait to see his replacement, who knows he might be better than Sane.

And those moaning about him going on the reach his potential Elsewhere, if he does just do what those Trafford ****s do with Fake Ronaldo and claim him anyway “Sane was made in Manchester!”

Think we should have demanded more. I certainly couldn’t see Bayern accepting such a fee if the shoe was on the other foot, even with the injury and one year contract. I’m not sure why we have agreed a fee even before the window has opened.

Anyway, I guess at least the saga has come to an end and everyone can move on. The CAS ruling will decide our transfer window. If all goes well, hopefully we’ll bring in a competent replacement and significantly strengthen our back line.

Decent fee in the situation, IMO. Appalling behaviour from Bayern that I hope we have dealt with.

Sane has immense talent but it became obvious, to me, that he had lost the desire to do what was being asked of him. Quite rightly, Pep will not have that in his team and left him out. I wish him well as he gave us great moments, but his time had come.

Everyone knew he was going to Bayern. They had not yet formalised a bid acceptable to City. We knew he didn’t want to stay, BM wanted him and he wanted to go there. Playing him in the CS only had downside risk for us. I think you’re being a little soft on Pep here. The decision to play him and the resultant injury has probably cost us 60m in transfer fee, wages & rehabilitation and medical expenses.
Pep wasn't even going to play him originally, it's been reported by credible sources from both Munich and Manchester that he was going to play Mahrez (and Pep himself said it in the post match presser that day), but once they found out he'd been given some sort of nasal spray by the Algerian medics at AFCON which meant he could've failed a drug test, he couldn't.... It's just pointless blaming Pep at this point, everything about it was just a shit situation.

Usually players who have knee (cruciate ligament injury) do not turn out to be the same player they once were. There are so many examples of such players. But even A sanchez transfer got more than him is quite a puzzle for me. Sanchez was older with 1 year contractt left and had similar problems. The transfer was valued around 60 million. And when we have to buy similar player we have to pay 80 million plus now a days. Ok Thats a downside of being a big club.

Pep wasn't even going to play him originally, it's been reported by credible sources from both Munich and Manchester that he was going to play Mahrez (and Pep himself said it in the post match presser that day), but once they found out he'd been given some sort of nasal spray by the Algerian medics at AFCON which meant he could've failed a drug test, he couldn't.... It's just pointless blaming Pep at this point, everything about it was just a shit situation.
Thats the butterfly effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.