Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, we are not and never have been a one man team. There are a multitude of reasons why we fell behind so far this season, Sane is not the main one
I’ve not said we’re a one man team. Far from it. But we are a team that’s missing the kind of speed and runs that Sane offered us whilst spreading the pitch, keeping full backs defending and creating space for others and scoring and assisting loads of goals.

I’ve not said we’re a one man team. Far from it. But we are a team that’s missing the kind of speed and runs that Sane offered us whilst spreading the pitch, keeping full backs defending and creating space for others and scoring and assisting loads of goals.
You said the main reason was because of Sane, and I have said that was nonsense

Sane only really came into the team at the end of his first full season. Between then and the following season we broke every record in the book. In this season when he hasn't played we're 23 points from Liverpool, a 48 point turnaround in 2 years! If you don't think Sane was a big reason why we finished 25 points ahead of Liverpool 2 years ago and 23 points behind them this then I don't know what to say.

He is a big game player and score important goals but you could say Stones at the back and Kompany were also a big influence especially last season. It’s wrong to point out one player in a team with Pep through his managerial career emphasises on a team mentality and is why certain players dint fit into his teams.

You seriously don't think Sane's absence has had a big impact?

Not to the degree this guy is suggesting, absolutely not. He was in and out of the team last season and the main reasons for this season's demise are Vinnie, laporte, some uncharacteristic ederson mistakes, fernandinho's positional switch and Bernardo's loss of form following twitter-gate. I don't care what anyone says, Mahrez has been absolutely brilliant this season and we are creating every bit as many chances as previous years but we're missing them (sterling against Chelsea prime example). And in fact we're the league's top scorers & still have a good chance of outscoring last season's tally.

So, no I don't think it's been a "major" factor. It's the other end of the pitch that's let us down.

Oh you slay me.

I know the context. The context was brought on totally by ourselves when we paid Raz 350k and offered Sané 180k. For that we've lost an unbelievable talent for half of what he's worth.

Not really raz is overpaid 230k raz 200k sane would have been about right

Not to the degree this guy is suggesting, absolutely not. He was in and out of the team last season and the main reasons for this season's demise are Vinnie, laporte, some uncharacteristic ederson mistakes, fernandinho's positional switch and Bernardo's loss of form following twitter-gate. I don't care what anyone says, Mahrez has been absolutely brilliant this season and we are creating every bit as many chances as previous years but we're missing them (sterling against Chelsea prime example). And in fact we're the league's top scorers & still have a good chance of outscoring last season's tally.

So, no I don't think it's been a "major" factor. It's the other end of the pitch that's let us down.

Can't say I agree. We've had glaring defensive issues but we're simply not as threatening on the other end. As basic a stat as it is, you can even check our goals scored in the league over the last three seasons and see how it's gradually gone down. That's without even taking into consideration that, on an individual level, Sane was more prolific in front of goal than Mahrez even last season when he was very inconsistent and Sterling peaked in the 17/18 season and was the model of consistency.

Now Sterling has gone out wide right he's barely taking on his man and has blown hot and cold in front of goal. Mostly cold since the end of last season.

It's not a slight on Mahrez, he has been really good this season. But the team hasn't hit those heights and I think it's fair to say the lack of Sane as an option has been a big part of that.

I said last summer that we were going to regret not replacing Kompany immediately and got told I'm a flapper. I feel pretty confident stating the same thing with Sane now. Centreback is the obvious priority but we need to address the frontline too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.