#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect his immediate future lies in the front line as opposed to the midfield.
No.
He is a midfielder.
those small distinctions matter.

Adrian Bernabé Is the only player at City who's genuinely a perfect midfielder & winger hybrid.

No.
He is a midfielder.
those small distinctions matter.

Adrian Bernabé Is the only player at City who's genuinely a perfect midfielder & winger hybrid.

Yeah in the future I can see it, but right now the way he's being used is as a wide forward who comes inside, except when De Bruyne isn't on the pitch and that's when he goes into midfield. Or when we're comfortably ahead where I think having two direct midfelders is advantageous for counters.

I don't mind being wrong on this, but Pep saying that in time he'll learn to be a holding midfielder (as opposed to now) amongst other things I've seen just makes me believe in this idea.

Here's the thing, even if he does, I don't necessarily believe Pep deserve immense credit for his development. I've always felt Foden was ready to play a key role this season for us and I genuinely believe that Pep's patient approach (whether deliberate or not) has been to the detriment of the team. We've been crying out for dynamism and some speed from the centre of the park and Foden was on the bench the entire time. I'm still not totally sold Pep is great when it comes to trust youth players.
You can't put that on a kid,pep has said tonite before he couldn't start every game because young talent needs to be nurtured properly,i said when he was finished growing and Dave was on the way out he would be ready and he is ready

We have seen too many wonder kids across the road flogged early and on loan in the championship to know to be patient
He also has had to learn what pep wants and get in tune with the more experienced players

Yeah in the future I can see it, but right now the way he's being used is as a wide forward who comes inside, except when De Bruyne isn't on the pitch and that's when he goes into midfield. Or when we're comfortably ahead where I think having two direct midfelders is advantageous for counters.

I don't mind being wrong on this, but Pep saying that in time he'll learn to be a holding midfielder (as opposed to now) amongst other things I've seen just makes me believe in this idea.
Next season.

The reason they don't play in the midfield together too often this season is because of the current balance.

Kevin is also starting to play a deeper role a bit more often now.
Our midfield is not going to work the same as with David.

The current situation of our team just makes it easier to start Foden in the wide areas instead of starting him in midfield.

As Pep said: Foden is a midfield player & he will replace David Silva next season.

He is the real deal. Seems to have taken a huge leap during lockdown. He was progressing very well before that but since the restart he has been electric.

I'd love to know if Phil has an appreciation from outside the Premier League, because he has to be in the top 5 (3 wearing beautiful, blue specs) - twenty year olds in world football.

Forget next season, there are two big trophies to win this season, he should be viewed upon as important as Ederson, Laporte, KDB and Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.