Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally give players especially foreign ones with no experience of the PL a year to settle in before forming a true opinion on them.

However I just cannot see Rodri getting better, he’s a good squad player to comfortably stroll by against Burnley, Newcastle and Norwich at home but against better teams he’s poor especially when they get round him.

Same can be said for Gundogan as well, we’ve really missed Fernandinho in the middle this year, his ability to receive the ball under pressure and quickly distribute it before he even gets it, something Rodri and Gundogan don’t have.

Posted straight after he participated in a 4-0 win against the 2019 Champions League and 2020 EPL winners, but let's not let evidence get in the way of good narrative shall we.

First season,well August to start of march,a hard season to settle into,u think he is doing ok,give him time,gaz wasn't fast,in pep s team you have to be in the right position,he will be great next season

Posted straight after he participated in a 4-0 win against the 2019 Champions League and 2020 EPL winners, but let's not let evidence get in the way of good narrative shall we.

Jesus Christ, what narrative?

My opinion is based on 44 games in a City shirt, including the 44th yesterday where he got caught out numerous times in possession when Liverpool got round him.

The same 2019 Champions League and 2020 Premier League winners who we are 20 points behind because I believe that we have missed a player like Fernandinho in midfield more than any defensive frailties this season.

Jesus Christ, what narrative?

My opinion is based on 44 games in a City shirt, including the 44th yesterday where he got caught out numerous times in possession when Liverpool got round him.

The same 2019 Champions League and 2020 Premier League winners who we are 20 points behind because I believe that we have missed a player like Fernandinho in midfield more than any defensive frailties this season.
Perhaps Gundy wasn't close enough to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.