The death of VAR

johnmcfcagain

A bit of wishful thinking. This round of mid-week fixtures has seen so many poor VAR decisions surely it is the death knell of this awful process? I know I can be accused of bias for calling out the Mahrez non-goal but bias is far from the truth when it comes to Spuds. I hate them and they need to feel at least two really bad VAR calls in two big games to feel the pain we have had recently against them. But in all fairness how can Kane's goal be ruled out for handball? Then Moyes has reason to feel hard done by in terms of VAR v Chelski. Enough is enough surely? Please!

It wasn’t giving the handball that annoyed me, ‘cos it was handball under these stupid rules, but, Foden was clearly fouled at the same time. So, if the ref has played advantage why didn’t he bring it back for a foul under the 10 seconds no advantage process?

Or, have they changed that rule for teams playing in light blue?

Even though I hate VAR, last night for us and for Spurs, neither were VAR issues, they were both handball law issues.

This new law that penalises attackers for handball when its not intentional is the worst law in football! but has nothing to do with VAR.

It gives the benefit to the defending team, it needs changing big time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its terrible and its a cheats charter and ive no doubt its been used this season to create certain results.

Yet again this week we have seen several utterly ridiculous decisions and goals ruled out and it needs to be fucked off.

Spurs even managed to have a goal ruled out yesterday for someone kicking the ball against a fouled players back and they think its handball.

Sorry but VAR was correct to rule out both goals. VAR has to go with the letter of the law. It is the law that is totally stupid. It was changed by idiots who do not have a clue about how to run the game. One of the reasons given for the change in the handball rule was the Bolly handball against us, at no point did they think it would cause huge problems. They are idiots.
I do agree that VAR should be scrapped but in relation to Jesus goal etc, let the linesman make a decision,

Jesus this never ends does it.

guys you need to stop lumping everything in together.

VAR should be a hugely important thing for us. The camera shouldn’t lie. Be 100% in favour of that.

The implementation and the rules are the only issue here, not the tech.

so if you have an issue, stop bemoaning “var”.

Blame the refs, call em out. Blame the rules. But you saying “fuck var” gives them people an out and our fans keep doing that.

michael Oliver or Mike Dean being inept has nothing to do with the tech at hand, stop letting them off by moaning about var.

Jesus this never ends does it.

guys you need to stop lumping everything in together.

VAR should be a hugely important thing for us. The camera shouldn’t lie. Be 100% in favour of that.

The implementation and the rules are the only issue here, not the tech.

so if you have an issue, stop bemoaning “var”.

Blame the refs, call em out. Blame the rules. But you saying “fuck var” gives them people an out and our fans keep doing that.

michael Oliver or Mike Dean being inept has nothing to do with the tech at hand, stop letting them off by moaning about var.
I do actually hate VAR for it ending the elation when the ball hits the net. That was a special thing that football had over all other sports and there was no feeling like it.

Now that feeling is gone forever. I’ve not celebrated a goal properly once this season. VAR has ruined football forever for this alone. Now, when the ball hits the net, my immediate thought is “VAR?” and not “YYYEEESSS!!!”

I despise VAR for that!

But I agree with you that people mix up things that are wrong with the laws of the game with VAR issues, too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.