Wigan Athletic deducted 3 points (P33)

I know it's petty but it's difficult to sympathise with them. Their fans were obnoxious at that game where they ran on the pitch and attacked us...after winning. I did have sympathy with Bury though. The biggest disgrace about all this is that the Wigan and Bury cases are similar and both essentially relate to money laundering (and asset stripping) by unscrupulous owners who build up huge debts to themselves and try and cash in when the business goes bust. This is just another case which shows that FFP is making things worse not better because it doesn't do anything about debt. Never mind, I am sure the EFL, now led by that bastion of honesty Rick Parry, will find a solution.

It looks as though the EFL solution may well be a 12 points deduction.

You must not have been at the game when City played Liverpool 2/3 seasons ago which City won 5-0.
Mane nearly took Ederson's head off with a really high kick and Eddie needed on field treatment and was given oxygen.
And all the feral scousers could do was boo and jeer him.
Same when Yaya got injured at Anfield in 2014.
Fans from that side of Lancashire all appear to be cut from the same cloth!!!
I was at that game and they did as usual behave appallingly. The difference with what I witnessed at Blackburn was the quite of a two thirds empty stadium. You could hear the screams of Dack and you could hear nothing but the 10 minutes of taunting abuse fished out to him by Wigan. To be fair, being slightly better or worse than the scousers is a pretty low bar.

It looks as though the EFL solution may well be a 12 points deduction.
Yes points deduction is really helpful isn't it? There should be a system in place to stop crooks buying clubs and then running up huge debts. FFP is a joke, especially in the lower leagues. It punishes clubs for sensible investment, like Wolves (when they were in the Championship) but allows people to buy Bury for a pepper corn price and then use the club as an asset to leverage huge debts. That said I would not trust any organisation with someone like Rick Parry at the helm.

More details are emerging about this farce and as usual it stinks. A month ago the Hong Kong owners of the club transferred the club to another Hong Kong owner and it is the new owners who have filed for administration. This all happened after a huge loan at 8% interest was repaid by a third party no one knows about !
It has nothing to do with Covid or FFP but it may have a lot to do with money laundering or other dodgy deals and as usual the football authorities are nowhere to be seen regarding governance and who owns a club.

Just been mentioned on talksport that a big bet was placed in the far East prior to the administration on Wigan getting relegated.

Just been mentioned on talksport that a big bet was placed in the far East prior to the administration on Wigan getting relegated.
Given the Far East connections, it would be interesting to go over their recent results and see if any stand out as being 'strange'. Also, individual performances, unexplained errors, booking, sending off's, penalties, goalkeeping howlers, etc would be worth looking at.

Potentially a huge story, as it could very well blow the lid on football corruption, but I've doubt it will be eventually swept under the carpet, and all blow over very quietly.

Given the Far East connections, it would be interesting to go over their recent results and see if any stand out as being 'strange'. Also, individual performances, unexplained errors, booking, sending off's, penalties, goalkeeping howlers, etc would be worth looking at.

Potentially a huge story, as it could very well blow the lid on football corruption, but I've doubt it will be eventually swept under the carpet, and all blow over very quietly.

well, after winning 5 of their first 28 games, they've won 8 of their last 12, only lost once, unbeaten in 9, kept 7 successive clean sheets, beaten Leeds and West Brom away. In 3 of those games the winning goal was an own goal by an opponent, and they also picked up a draw with an own goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.