#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop making excuses for him. For where we want to be he is absolutely useless. Needs 10 chances to even hit the target let alone score. Always offside. No better than a Dominic Calvert Lewin, in fact he’s not as good as him.

Finishing - Horrific
Runs off the last shoulder - Horrific (always offside)
First touch - Horrific
Decision making - Horrific

Those 4 things there are arguably the most important thing from a top striker and he is sh*t in every department.

Get shut ASAP before he becomes completely worthless.
Top fishing there bud, you will catch some with that bait

Very good player with a 'complete' all-round skillset, just not top club material. I think he'll eventually find his level at a second tier European club like Roma or Napoli.

From the distance my impression is he just wants it too much.
He has everything a striker needs and he has already shown every single bit,
pace, workrate, headers, goals left and right footed.

When strikers aren't happy - Brazilian strikers more so - they often don't score.
I think he needs big support by Pep and a bit more maturity to take it a bit more easy
if things don't go perfectly right.

Ah well, offsides.
He should generally stay 2 yards deeper than defence, he would still easily get to the ball first.
But he has improved already on that.

Didn't he score at St. Mary's for 100 points? Come on Gabby!

Has here been a more unselfish player for our club ? the amount of ground he covers and the bravery he shows against much bigger physical specimens is inspiring , love this guy to bits , he will not reach Aguero levels that is a big ask , but what a superb replacement , he get is far share of goals and assists and when as the song goes , "he get knocked down , he get back up again" , great player to have at the club.

From the distance my impression is he just wants it too much.
He has everything a striker needs and he has already shown every single bit,
pace, workrate, headers, goals left and right footed.

When strikers aren't happy - Brazilian strikers more so - they often don't score.
I think he needs big support by Pep and a bit more maturity to take it a bit more easy
if things don't go perfectly right.

Ah well, offsides.
He should generally stay 2 yards deeper than defence, he would still easily get to the ball first.
But he has improved already on that.

Didn't he score at St. Mary's for 100 points? Come on Gabby!

I disagree with the striker part. For me he doesn’t have the most important aspect which is that ruthlessness in front of goal.

He doesn’t gamble on crosses and always seems to take an extra touch when the first time finish is an option.

I’d love to see him get an extended run out wide. He was outstanding in Madrid and he does have all the tools to be a top player. I actually think he started as a wide player and has been pushed out wide for Brazil.

We’d be mad to sell him though.

I disagree with the striker part. For me he doesn’t have the most important aspect which is that ruthlessness in front of goal.

He doesn’t gamble on crosses and always seems to take an extra touch when the first time finish is an option.

I’d love to see him get an extended run out wide. He was outstanding in Madrid and he does have all the tools to be a top player. I actually think he started as a wide player and has been pushed out wide for Brazil.

We’d be mad to sell him though.

I think we aren't far apart.
His lacking 'ruthlessness' is more due to his mind than his body. Look in his face, the lad needs more faith and support than other players, but if he gets it, it could click.
Because his body (!) brings all he needs.
I think it's not much missing and he could be a beast. All about self-confidence.

I think we aren't far apart.
His lacking 'ruthlessness' is more due to his mind than his body. Look in his face, the lad needs more faith and support than other players, but if he gets it, it could click.
Because his body (!) brings all he needs.
I think it's not much missing and he could be a beast. All about self-confidence.
Yeah (and Bernardo too I feel) he's in the same boat as Sterling and Mendy were. Good and hard-working but playing either overly conservatively or being ambitious with things never coming off.

Sterling and Mendy have really stepped up now that they're playing with confidence. I think people should at least give Jesus a chance to get some momentum before they really judge his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.