Kalidou Koulibaly

Can't believe some of you are are still wasting your breath/fingre muscles on Dax. He has never been, and will never be, able to have a proper discussion with others. The biggest besserwisser I've ever come across on any online forum.

I'd rather have 4/5 seasons with a world class CB like Koulibaly than gambling on yet another "prospect". You can't simply dismiss his quality, just because Napoli as a team haven't been up to it this season. And even if they had, any player can have a subpar season. Should we sell Bernardo and buy Grealish instead?
Let’s just say Van Dijk’s last season with Southampton was mediocre at best. Look how that turned out...

Suely even for 3-4 seasons this guy would be worth it.......And we wouldnt have to play him every game either - Garcia is really showing that he can handle it. then there is Laporte ans we could even keep Stones. 4 decent centre halves to rotate around (Or do we need another left sided defender to cover Laporte?

Suely even for 3-4 seasons this guy would be worth it.......And we wouldnt have to play him every game either - Garcia is really showing that he can handle it. then there is Laporte ans we could even keep Stones. 4 decent centre halves to rotate around (Or do we need another left sided defender to cover Laporte?
Koulibaly plays on the left side for Napoli even though he’s right footed. So he can cover for Laporte as well.

Some people questioning age, I would say we would be getting a player in his prime for 4/5 years!
We could for example sign Holgate, who may or may not be a risk?!.....but could walk away at the end of his contract anyway so the age thing is potentially irrelevant.

The most recent report from Castles who while admittedly a twat has been on this before anyone else (is there a Mendes connection?) Says Napoli will accept 40m up front with 10-15m in add ons.

In my book that takes this from "no-brainer" to "what the fuck are you waiting for, quick, quick before they change their minds!" Territory.
Got to be our main target, Koulibaly and Laporte would be a great partnership. But don't trust De Laurentis at all.

The most recent report from Castles who while admittedly a twat has been on this before anyone else (is there a Mendes connection?) Says Napoli will accept 40m up front with 10-15m in add ons.

In my book that takes this from "no-brainer" to "what the fuck are you waiting for, quick, quick before they change their minds!" Territory.

If we got him anywhere near that price it would be a truly excellent signing.

Let’s just say Van Dijk’s last season with Southampton was mediocre at best. Look how that turned out...
This is a disingenuous comparison. Van Dyke was rated #1 Defender on Whoscored and the #3 defender on Sqwaka at the end of the 2016-2017 season.

He then put in a transfer request in August of 17. A request Southampton balked at. Making the first half of the 2017-18 season saga between club and player. He ended up playing just 11 games. Still averaged a 7.10 on Whoscored for those games. Sure it was a drop from his 7.35 of the 16-17 full season.

Even if you considered those 11 games his 'last season' in Southhampton, 'Mediocre' is a stretch as a descriptor. That 7,10 rating would be good enough for #7 defender this year. Granted, this is a down year for defenders. But mediocre does not describe any season Van Dyke had.

Other than that, everything else you said was okay :)

£50-60 million for a world class centre back on a 5 year deal would be worth every penny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.